1~ "Restless."

Bleh bleh bleh I'm tired

Started: 19th February 2023
Finished: 20th February 2023

A song I like called 'Control' by Halsey came on when I was writing this and I just realised how well the song matches— and then afterwards I got 'Lullaby for a Princess' by PonyPhonic which literally ends with the word 'Sleep'  on repeat so...xd Puss they're tryna tell you something xD

{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}

All was great. Everything was perfect, in fact. The Bloodwolf was defeated and San Lorenzo was saved, once again.

Puss felt the corners of his mouth twinge to a small frown. He should be overjoyed, should he not?

"Hey, laddie, you alright? You've barely touched yer leche." Pajuna asked, carefully pushing a few cups to the side to look at Puss in slight confusion— and maybe a bit of concern, Puss thought he noticed?

Or, maybe he was just imagining that in his odd state.

Puss made sure to plaster a fake, yet realistic enough, smile on his face before looking up at the cow lady.

"I am fine, Pajuna. I am wonderful, actually. San Lorenzo is saved once again thanks to an amazing team of heros!" He slowly raised his voice, standing on the bar and raising his glass.

Puss did that a lot, so no one else seemed to think anything was weird. Pajuna included, she rolled her eyes slightly but couldn't help an amused look make its way onto her face as well. Typical Puss.

Puss stalled for a second, he did do it a lot. He mentally shook his head at the hesitation, remembering that people were watching him and adjusted his hat slightly.

"Cheers, to all of you, for all of your excellent efforts!" He snickered a bit and looked downwards, a paw on his chin, whispering a small; "Including me."

He looked upwards again, thoughts wracking at his brain, why did he feel the need to add that?

No one else even heard it but it made him feel so much better anyway, why?

Once everyone returned to what they were doing as if nothing had really happened, which was becoming an increasing habit around a certain ginger cat, Puss composed himself and stepped down back to his chair, turning to face Pajuna.

"Thank you once again, Pajuna, for the excellent leche but I am afraid I must turn in for the night." The cat said,

The female raised an eyebrow, "Let me guess, yeh aren't going tah pay?"

Puss internally winced at this, remembering how many times he had not cared at the work Pajuna put into the Cantina. Outside though, he smiled and winked, "Ah, Pajuna, that would ruin my reputation."

Pajuna rolled her eyes again in annoyance, though of course it was light hearted and only mildly faked. "Get lost, laddie."

Puss smiled and tipped his hat to her, jumping down from the stool and walking out of the Cantina.

{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}{0-0}

What was wrong with him!?

He lay awake on his back in his bed in the orphanage. He still had his hat, belt and boots on, knowing he was too restless to try and get some actual sleep.

Then he sighed, and stood quietly, slowly moving over to the closed window.

He let the moonlight wash over him for a few minutes before opening the window, letting the cool night air tingle along the ends of his fur too.