Life Continues

As Alexis is waking up one morning she smiles happily at her sleeping daughter and son who were born yesterday before looking at Bambi.

"They're beautiful aren't they?" Alexis asks as she smiles happily at her fawns.

"They are beautiful. Just like their mother. Looks like our daughter took after me while our son took after you." Bambi says as he sees their son shift to a wolf in his sleep scratching his ear before shifting back to a fawn.

"Looks that way. They're perfect. I love you Bambi." Alexis says as Bambi nuzzles her.

"I love you as well Alexis. I just go to see my father. Will you be okay in our thicket while I am gone?" Bambi asks concernedly.

"Of course. Go on. I'll see you when you come back." Alexis says as Bambi leaves.

*Timeskip*

Later Alexis watches as animals gather around to look at her fawns.

"Oh. Well." An animal says.

"Look. Two of them." Another animal says as it sees Alexis had two fawns.

"Yes. One doe and one buck." Alexis says proudly.

"Oh!" An animal says as it sees the doe bite the buck on the ear as Alexis laughs slightly while smiling.

"Well I don't believe I've ever seen a more likely looking pair of fawns. Prince Bambi ought to be mighty proud." Friend Owl says as Alexis nods.

"He is. As am I." Alexis says happily.

"Have you thought of any names for them?" A young rabbit asks as she comes up to Alexis.

"River you come here. I'm sorry Alexis. My daughter takes after me." Thumper says as he comes over.

"It's quite alright Thumper. We were young once as well. To answer your question young one I was thinking of naming the buck Blaze and Bambi thought of Rose for the doe." Alexis says as she looks at the fawns.

"Mighty beautiful young things." Friend Owl says.

"They are. They'll both grow strong and brave just like their father and me." Alexis says as she smiles at her fawns.

"I don't doubt that." Friend Owl says.