11. Stay with me

Victoria POV
I sip my blood that i have in my metal chalice.

My wife starts "So how was your day my love" she grins. Shes been extra happy lately i know why and im also excited.

I set my chalice down and give her a small smile. "It was boring but it is quite alright now."

My eyes wander over to my little mate and see she looks a little out of it. I smile seeing enjoy herself but something feels off..

I take a long sniff Poisen.

She takes a sip of the wine and im too late. Little mate drops to the floor.

'Mate has been poisened' my iner vampire says.

'Well no shit' I respond. As i get off the floor with her in my hands.

"Get the royal doctor"  I hear Eveyln say

//////////////////

Fear.    Pain.    Lost.   Hopeless.

The Royal doctor is 2 hours away on a family leave. I sent guards to retrieve him exactly 45 minutes ago.

I could have done something. I could have stoppe her. I could have prepared better.

I knew I had enemies from day one trying to control.

And for the first time in eons I cried. My wife stopped pacing . Put my head towards her chest whilest her face was tear stained.

She hushes me and i hear her trying to fix herself. "W-What if she doesn't survive this I say in a little voice.

She argued back "She will because we wont let that happen". She lifted my chin and kissed my forehead

I cleared my voice gently "how.. how do you know" i let the tears in my eyes fall.

"I just do" her voice breaks.

The doors bust open

"WHAT HAPPENED?!?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!?!" little mates sibling- Tokyo came screaming.

The some guards were close behind her. She looked towards her sister and is shocked.

My guards try to grab them but i stop them with a flick of my wrist.

We observe them go to their sister and put their hand on her forehead. They rub there noses together gently.

A little silence later they let out a heartbreaking sentence. "You're alright-" sniff "You're ok we- we made a promise remember you cant die yet. We still haven't gotten you a wife or or tried to steal that hat from Jace yet."

They lift back and wipe a few tears of their face. "We never made that snow man and and you need to be there when Lenna gives birth. I need you there you cant up and die right now."

"Your majesty the royal doctor will arrive shortly in just 20 minutes." Wtv his name says

"And you tell me this now why? Tell me when he arrives not when he should?" I yell to the guard

'Fucking imbeciles' my vampire says

I reach for little mates hand and caress it with my thumb. I whisper "Youll be ok"

Tokyo lays on the edge of the bed and holds Raven's leg. She starts humming a toon I can't say I recognize. But I really don't care I just want her to be ok.

She has to be ok-

She NEEDS to be ok