4

Written by itstilliswhatitis

He decides to ask him later that evening when he's alone in his room. He composes a text.

Louis: So, where do you live?

Harry answers immediately.

Harry: Why? Are you gonna strangle me for singing almost every night?

Louis: The thought has crossed my mind. No, I'm just curious. I live in Doncaster.

Harry: Holmes Chapel.

Louis immediately looks it up. It's like two hours from him. That's doable.

Louis: Crazy idea, wanna ditch school tomorrow and meet up?

He nervously waits for Harry to respond. His eyes grow wide when Harry suddenly calls him. He just stares at his phone at first but then he answers.
"Uhm, hello?"

"Hi. It's Harry."

"Hi." Louis repeats. He clears his voice.

"I've never ditched school before." Harry says. He talks slowly.

"Really? I mean, we can always wait for the weekend." Louis replies.

"No, it's fine. Do you want me to come to Doncaster? Not much to do here." Harry says.

"Yeah, okay." Louis agrees.

"Let me just check buses. Ehm, I can be in Doncaster at 11. Will that work?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, I can wait for you at the bus station!" Louis says, feeling excited.

"Yeah, okay." Harry replies. Louis can hear how hesitant he is.

"What?"

"I'm just nervous. Adults always warn you about meeting up with strangers. How do I know that you're not a middle-aged pedophile?" Harry questions.

Louis is offended but he gets it. He flips his hair and combs it to the side before he presses the video chat button on the phone. He waits for Harry to do the same and put him on speakers. Then a boy comes into the frame. Curly brown hair, green eyes, and a simple smile. He lets out a surprised gasp. Harry is super cute!
"Hi." Harry says and fiddles with his hair.

Louis smiles.
"Hi. As you can see I'm not a middle-aged pedophile."

"Definitely not. I'm sorry." Harry pouts and he's the most adorable boy Louis has ever laid eyes on.

They talk for two hours. Louis tells him about football and the school production of Grease and other stuff. Harry talks about books and music and his band.

When they hang up Louis just lies on his bed and stares at the ceiling. That's his soulmate? He can't wait to actually meet him in person. He has trouble falling asleep and it's not because Harry is singing this time.

He gets up early and takes a shower. He spends too much time going through his closet to find something to wear and has to run to school. He figures that he can at least attend the first class in the morning before he has to be at the bus station.

He avoids his friends and sneaks out of school without getting caught. He takes the bus and he's a half hour early. He locates where the bus from Holmes Chapel will stop. His hands are sweaty. Should he have bought flowers or something? No, that's cheesy.

When the bus finally arrives his heart is beating fast. He looks at the passengers leaving the bus and there he is. Harry is the last one to leave the bus. He looks around and spots him. Louis takes a step forward.
"Hi."

Harry goes in for a hug. It's a bit awkward.
"Hi."

"So, what do you wanna do? Have you been to Doncaster before?" Louis rambles. He's nervous.

"A couple of times with my parents. I don't know. What do you usually do around here?" Harry asks with a smile.

"Oh, we usually hang out at the mall." Louis shrugs.

"Okay." Harry says.

They start walking. Louis glances at the boy beside him. He hasn't really grasped the concept of soulmates yet. He's only eighteen for Christ's sake. Knowing that this is the person that he's supposed to spend the rest of his life with is a heavy responsibility at such a young age. He's freaking out a little. It must be even scarier for Harry. He's only sixteen.
"This is a little weird, right?" Louis asks.

"Yeah." Harry admits.

"How about we just hang out, you know, as friends? Get to know each other. Take the pressure off things." Louis suggests as they reach the mall.

"I thought that's what we're trying to do here." Harry grins.

"Oh, you're sassy! That's me territory. I happen to be the Sassmaster from Doncaster." Louis replies.

"Did you give yourself that title?" Harry giggles.

"What? No!" Louis protests and blushes.

"I'm just teasing you. Come on! Let's try out the ugliest outfits we can find." Harry says. He takes his hand and drags him into a store.

They go through the clothing racks. Louis picks out a pink Hawaiian shirt and some fake leather pants and hides them behind his back so Harry won't see. Harry has picked something out as well. They head to the changing rooms. Louis strips out of his clothes and puts on the lovely shirt and pants. He looks in the mirror and giggles.
"Ready?"

"Give me a second." Harry's voice is heard from the booth next to him.

They count to three and remove the curtains and step out. They burst out laughing. Harry is dressed in a sparkling crock top and some pink tights with an oversized sports jacket in gold.
"I look ridiculous." He giggles.

"No, you don't. You look high-fashioned! You clearly have an eye for this. I on the other hand look ludicrous. " Louis smiles.

"I kind of like the shirt." Harry grins.

"It's all yours." Louis chuckles.

They change back into their own clothes and get out of the store. They stop at Pizzahut for some lunch.

They have a great day in each other's company. Harry has to take the three o'clock bus back to Holmes Chapel and Louis walks him to the bus station.
"Wanna hang out this weekend? I can visit you in Holmes Chapel if you want to?" Louis suggests.

"I rather come to Doncaster. Get out of the house, if you know what I mean?" Harry says and bites his lower lip, looking uncomfortable at the thought of spending time at home.

"Yeah, I can ask me mum if you can sleep over?" Louis says.

"Yeah! I'll ask my mum too." Harry smiles excitedly.

The bus arrives. Harry pulls him in for a hug before he gets on. Louis watches him take a seat and waves goodbye. Today was perfect! He can't wait to see Harry again.