IV, Family Line.

ㅤ

                        ㅤ

ESTE WOKE UP ODDLY EARLY THAT MORNING, and when she entered the kitchen, she half-expected it to be completely empty. But then she remembered today was Harry Potter's trial day. When she reached the door she heard the soft rumble of voices on the other side and when she pushed it open she saw Mr and Mrs Weasley, Sirius, Lupin, and Tonks sitting there almost as though they were waiting for Harry. All were fully dressed except Mrs Weasley, who was wearing a quilted, purple dressing gown. She leaped to her feet the moment she entered."Breakfast," she said as she pulled out her wand and hurried over to the fire.

"M-m-morning, Este," yawned Tonks. Her hair was blonde and curly this morning. "Sleep all right?"

"Just fine," Este smiled at Tonks. Then, Harry arrived. He seemed surprised to see everyone there and Mrs Weasley also ushered him down for breakfast and Tonks bid him good morning as well.

"I've b-b-been up all night," she said, with another shuddering yawn. "Come and sit down. . ." She drew out a chair, knocking over the one beside it in the process.

"What do you want, Harry?" Mrs Weasley called. "Porridge? Muffins? Kippers? Bacon and eggs? Toast?"

"Just — just toast, thanks," said Harry.

"And you, Estele?"

"I'll have porridge, please."

Lupin glanced at Harry, then said to Tonks, "What were you saying about Scrimgeour?"

"Oh . . . yeah . . . well, we need to be a bit more careful, he's been asking Kingsley and me funny questions. . . ."

Mrs Weasley placed a d a couple of pieces of toast and marmalade in front of him and a bowl of porridge in front of Este. Mrs Weasley sat down on his other side and started fussing with his T-shirt, tucking in the label and smoothing out creases across the shoulders. He wished she wouldn't.". . . and I'll have to tell Dumbledore I can't do night duty tomorrow, I'm just t-t-too tired," Tonks finished, yawning hugely again.

"I'll cover for you," said Mr Weasley. "I'm okay, I've got a report to finish anyway. . . ."Mr Weasley was not wearing wizard's robes but a pair of pinstriped trousers and an old bomber jacket. He turned from Tonks to Harry."How are you feeling?"

Harry shrugged.

"It'll all be over soon," Mr Weasley said bracingly. "In a few hour's time, you'll be cleared," Harry said nothing. "The hearing's on my floor, in Amelia Bones' office. She's Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and she's the one who'll be questioning you."

"Amelia Bones is okay, Harry," said Tonks earnestly. "She's fair, she'll hear you out."

Harry nodded, still unable to think of anything to say."Don't lose your temper," said Sirius abruptly. "Be polite and stick to the facts."