Chapter Three

Chapter Three – Ashley's POV

Roughly three days have passed since I left my pack, and I was by that lake once more I found the first day here. Even though the first time I was caught out, I hope this time I could just quickly use the lake and get out of there. I made sure to look around for any signs of people or werewolves nearby. I sniffed the air and can only smell a dull lingering smell of at least a werewolf that passed by here not long ago. Hopefully, they don't come back while I'm around. I may not have shifted but I still have my senses heightened which can be of good use.

I stripped my clothes off and sat them to the side near the rock before quickly stepping into the lake. It was freezing but it's what I must do to clean myself up because I'm all dirty and starting to smell bad from sleeping next to those bins. I stayed in the lake for no more than five minutes before stepping out and shaking myself off. I waited a bit letting the wind blow me dry a little before putting my clothes back on even if I'm still wet.

I sat down next to my bag and began eating the sandwiches I bought once again from a different shop this time. I have only come across two more werewolves and that was when I bumped into them the second day I was here. They both probably thought I was human which is okay at least because then I don't have to worry about them thinking I was a rouge.

"What's a girl like you doing out here by yourself?" I jumped shuffling against the rock as a man stepped out from behind the trees. Dammit, I forgot for a moment this was a pack territory area and I should have quickly left without staying to eat my sandwiches. I sniffed a little and it seems like he was the one that was here earlier walking by, by his scent.

I never spoke as I bowed my head to him quickly putting my unfinished eating sandwich in my bag and standing up. I quickly put my bag on my shoulders "Are you homeless?" He broke the silence that had fallen upon us. I shyly nodded my head at him wondering how he knew. Then again, I do look horrible, and I still wore the same clothes from the day I left my old pack. "May I know how old you are?" He stepped closer giving me a quick sniff which he tried to hide. I quickly shuffled a little more the best I could away from him the closer he got which got him to stop where he noticed I'm not comfortable with him.

I once again didn't answer him because even if I wanted to talk I couldn't as I haven't spoken in years ever since my father put an alpha command on me to stop talking, I also seemed to have forgotten how to talk because it has been so long. I suddenly sniffed the air as I slowly turned my head to see another man stepping out from the woods hearing the sound of the branches he is stepping on snap in half under his weight.

"Girly you're on our property" This man doesn't seem very friendly at all like the first man and reminded me of the horrible man the first time I was were. He gave me a look that seemed to have put fear into me as I whined a little at that as it was the same look the other horrible man gave me, one that is out to kill any trouble.

"Hold on Ricky the poor girl is homeless," The first man told Ricky as I watched him carefully eye me suspiciously.

"Even still she's on our property. Leave now or they will be trouble" Ricky snarled at me in a way that doesn't show he's a werewolf as I believe he thinks I'm just human which I think the werewolf smell around me is starting to fade a little.

I quickly nodded while shaking in fear as I turned the direction to leave when I heard a female voice ring out "Ricky my father needs you back home" I glanced to see a girl with chestnut brown hair stepping out from behind a tree.

Ricky groaned as he set off the way she came from "Matt you can continue on with patrol" She ordered him, and he nodded giving me a soft smile before leaving me and her behind. "Sorry about them. You see my family owns this lake if you haven't figured it out by now" She mumbled a little awkwardly to me.