Chapter 1 - Sophie

"Hey," Fitz said, walking into the room. "Whatcha doing?"

"Nothing much. Trying to read Jolie's journal again"

"Ok, guess I'll leave you to it." He said, turning toward the door.

"Wait! Don't leave!" Sophie exclaimed.

"Why don't you hail Keefe? I'm sure he would rush right over." Fitz added with an eye roll.

"What if I told you I'm mad at Keefe?"

Fitz's eyebrows shot up. "Why?"

"He tried to steal his special imparter to contact his mom, claiming he planned to trick information out of her. But honestly, I think he just wishes to have a mom again."

"I think you're right. But still, I can't stay. I just came by to drop off this." He dropped Fintan's cache in her palm. "I need to run an errand for my dad, so see ya soon?"

"Yeah, sure, see you soon..."

This was what she needed! Just some peace and quiet to try to decode Jolie's journal again.

When she thought she was alone Sophie heard footsteps behind her. She turned around and let out a scream- or just half a scream since a hand clamped over her mouth before she finished it.

Sophie was thankful to hear footsteps rush up the stairs, but she knew it was too late.

The last thing she saw was Grady burst into the room and shout, "Sophie!" before the light whisked her away.

——————————————————

Sooooooooooooooooo...

Yeah, very book 1 vibes here.

Get ready world, Sophie Foster is kidnapped again!

I don't have much to say here so...

->Neverbean out