t h i r t y - 6

Migi

Friendships weren't a thing for me growing up, but the ones I had formed were more so like brotherhoods. Something worth keeping and something worth straightening out, if there was a problem.

To put a bullet in Qu'Taz's head was easy. I had keys to his house and knew the spot he used to run his work. I knew his mother and little sister. Hell, I paid bills for them while Taz was locked up a few times. Instead of watching him and his family suffer, I stepped up. No questions asked. I also knew of the hoes he fucked with.

I say that, to say this. If I wanted to dig Taz a grave — I could do just that. And more importantly, I knew him so well, I could stage it so efficiently that no one would ever know what truly happened.

But the thing about death is once it's done, it's done. I can't regret it afterward. If I shoot my shot and hit perfectly; I gotta stand on killing one of my best friends.

"Yo....come in." I called out, pulling out my Zippo lighter to put fire on the tip of my freshly rolled blunt in between my fingers. The knocking ceased after my words, bringing me out of my current thoughts.

"What you got goin'?"

"When you the fuck you started knocking?" The question held humor in it because never has Jace knocked. Hell, he uses his "emergency" key for almost any reason nowadays.

"Well last night, Sehven told us that you were staying home. I ain't kno' if you had fucked up again, or if you just busy with some shit. So, I came to check up."

I looked at Jace, as he made his way into the home office. He stood up against the wall, waiting on me to give an explanation of yesterday's events.

"I was handling some shit and she had to be up early for work. So, I told her I'll stay home 'cause I knew it'll be late."

"Well, she didn't sleep," He said, finally sitting down in front of me. "She was up most of the night cleaning shit. I had to turn some music on to block her ass out. It's been years since I fucked to some-"

"I..don't give a fuck." I told him, not needing the visuals.

Shaking my head, I took my first pull in twenty four hours. Not speaking until I felt like there was enough weed in my system. Enough to cast that usual feeling over my being. It didn't take long.

"So what had you working so late?" He seemed confused as to why and that may be because I didn't talk to him about my whereabouts. The only person who knew was Sehven and she only knew that I was busy. "If you gon' walk Blood, do it. Don't be in and out. It'll just gon' draw you in deeper."

"I know that, Jay."

Last night wasn't about any workloads, plots, or anything illegal actually. There was no to-do list for me or any request needing to be fulfilled. Last night was about me centering myself so I could get a better understanding of what to do with everything going on around me. There was Sanchez that was making a real fucking enemy out of me, but him also being Isabella's cousin was a conflict. Not for them, but Sehven. So, as much as I wanted him dead, I had to play my cards right. Plus it was time to reveal my enemies because if Taz had something to do with all that was happening, it wouldn't come to me clear as day. I would have to tap in with some higher power, my higher self to figure it out.

It's been months since I used my crystals and that's my fault because, in a time of need, I seem to run to them with no problems. But when I think I got control, I don't think about spiritual help nor healing that's sad as hell.

With me attempting to figure out a plan — I couldn't afford to be thrown off or interrupted. I was home last night, the entire time. I didn't eat anything or even smoke a blunt. Never even thought about popping a pill — in fact, I had thrown my stash of Percs and Xan away before I got started. I needed a clear space and a clear mind. Water was my only substances before I broke down some weed this morning.