Chapter 1

BentleySixx: Cruising around LA with the old man

3,200,000 likes ~ 11,000 comments

---

"You have the whole world at your feet but I would love to see you do more." My dad tells me as we smoke weed in my backyard. "Hendrix is fucking phenomenal but I want to see my kid center stage. You're a talented fucker yet you only limit yourself to playing the drums and singing backup."

"And I still get paid a shit ton of money." I click my tongue at him.

"That's besides the point." He gives me a look and I shrug while popping my foot up on the table. "We got a fat cash advance once we signed our first record deal and we didn't have any album out yet."

"I like playing the drums." I reach for my beer bottle. "The band is always pushing me to sing more so don't think they don't know how sick I am at singing."

"Why don't you take them up on it?"

"I like what I do." I shrug my shoulders. "I'm Bentley fucking Sixx and nobody can tell me shit."

"You're far too cocky." My old man laughs as he downs the rest of his water. "But you remind me a lot of myself."

"The only difference is that I'm the best drummer alive." I wink at him before setting my blunt to the side as I take a swig of my beer and he shakes his head.

"According to Rolling Stone, you're in the top five of best drummers." He gives me a smug look. "Tommy ain't dead and we can't forget Dave Grohl who is a fucking beast. I'm pretty sure he's the highest paid drum-"

"Not since I got my start." I cut him off which makes him cackle. "I have been the highest paid drummer for the past five years and I haven't even been in the game a decade."

"I know, squirt." My dad throws his arms around my shoulders, "I'm so proud of you."

"You'd be a fool not be." I respond without thinking which is something that my mother hates. She always said that my quick mouth would get me trouble but the world seems to love it because I'm Bentley Sixx.

My dad doesn't say anything for a moment as he just stares at me and I can only imagine what he is thinking. Probably how lucky he is to have me as a son.

 Probably how lucky he is to have me as a son