Chapter Twelve. Blue Douchebag

Year E3029

Year E3029

Ocea

A loud knock echoed around my room. I tried to ignore it as I researched more about the chips. The Saviors had zero information on them or the origin point. They had spent so much time surviving while taking down the headquarters. So, my research was pointless when nobody had information on the chips.

"Ocea!" a deep voice yelled while another knock banged on my door.

I slammed my laptop shut, tossing it to the bed. It bounced before barely falling off, landing on my dirty pile of clothes.

"Hold your beetles, buddy," I said before opening the door.

A male pink safforian with his rose eyes glared at me. "I have been knocking for a while."

"I have been ignoring you for a while," I replied, leaning against the door frame.

"Ocea, please," he said, placing his hand above my shoulder, putting all his weight on one foot while bringing his face closer. "Chester would like to see you in his office."

I pushed off the door frame, shutting my door and ducking under his arm. "Thank you," I said, getting away from him.

The hallway masked a dark glow as the bedrock walls tinted everything black with lines of orange. A woman in a lab coat hugged her tablet, racing by me with her head down. I watched her run around a corner, guiding my eyes back to the lightning bolt design on the walls. The orange sparked in areas as I brushed my hand over it. The touch of my fingers shocked me with yellow and pink colors, like the wall was alive, feeling my every move. I always loved visiting the basement offices of the bunker. Amazed by the rock patterns, I would sit down here for hours when I was younger.

"Ugh." A voice had me looking up at Fin. He opened his gross mouth. His cheeks swelled as the bruising around his nose caused his eyes to look red. "Way to make my day shitty."

I pushed by Fin, opening Chester's office door. There was zero time for Fin's drama today. The door slowly shut behind me but quickly opened as Fin walked in.

"Why are you following me?" I asked.

"As much as you think Safforia revolves around you, Ocea," he said, crossing his arms over his chest. "It doesn't." He pointed over at Chester at his office desk. "Chester called me in."

I mocked him, making faces and crossing my arms as he did. "Chester called me in," I said, taunting in a girly voice.

"Okay, you two can stop." Chester walked up next to us. "A bunch of children, if you ask me."

I smiled cheesily at Fin, then walked to the wood rocking chair in the corner. I leaned against it, using the chair as an unstable wall. My purple hair fell over my face as I pulled at it nervously. Why would Chester want Fin and me in his office? Maybe the bruised-up face Fin was sporting might have something to do with it.