🥀💘☁️ do you promise?

I have recently been debating making a darker chapter to show you all that I can do more angst and enemies type stuff without as much fluff, more of an experiment than anything. Tell me if you like it or not! Thank you all for helping and supporting me <3 HEAVY SPOILER WARNING in this AU where you are turning into a dark wizard, plotting to use your magic to "fix" the Wizarding world. (Slightly edited)

You did it, you had copied the book, the book that had been destroyed only weeks prior, lucky you had thought of this plan, copying the book was no easy task, it was hard to say the least, but you had to have a backup. Knowing Sebastian you knew he would be livid if he found out you had done this, but it had been some time since the book had even crossed his mind. He was too busy asking Ominis every day about his sister. You felt bad, but you knew if he had known you had done this he would have gone mad. But now you feared that you may go crazy, you had been itching to read it, Sebastian hadn't informed you of anything other than the relic, so your curiosity was through the roof. You guessed the curiosity came with being a Ravenclaw.

Classes had ended, Sebastian was going back to his usual self, knowing the only way towards the hopes of seeing his sister again would be to atone for his actions. You had been supporting him through it, and Ominis hadn't been avoiding him anymore. He seemed to be going back to his usual self, albeit with a newfound sense of caution.

As soon as you were dismissed, you used your field guide to get to your room of requirement. It was so cheery and positive inside that room, greenery surrounded you, your plants were thriving, but there was one place left untouched by anyone except you, it was a corner, your study corner, more gothic in the sense that it was dreary in there, quite depressing to the average person. Candles littered the table there, a single small cup consisting of two pens sat in the corner, shrouded by darkness.

God did it feel good, you shivered in excitement as you lit the candles around you, due to the absence of natural light. You took off your house cloak, loosening your tie as you began reading through the book. It was terribly devious the way Salazar had set everything up, the feeling of the cruciatus curse still radiated through you in a hazy memory of pain. You wanted so badly to remove the pain from those you loved, and inflict it on others who may oppose you. "It's going to be great," you mumbled, starting to laugh at the devious plan you started to concoct in your head. "It's going to be wonderful, amazingly, spectacularly, awesomely wonderful." You kept reading. The mentions of that relic that Sebastian looked so desperately for, the effects of the curses, the ways they could be inflicted, the downsides of each one, more devastating spells that could be used. If you could somehow hone your Ancient magic in the same way Isadora Morganach took away that pain that her father had felt. The way you had concluded Ranrok was using it to control beasts with that goblin silver that he had found out how to work using that sub-genera of the ancient magic only you could see and wield. If you could control that magic, researching using the bits of the journal you had found, the pages you started to study, your power would be unmatched you could be all powerful, all knowing. The most fierce wizard/witch in the world, no one would dare cross you.

Weeks had passed, the only time you dared to leave the study was to go to class and eat at the dining hall, Amit had become worried for you, barely ever seeing you in the common room. Poppy never saw you outside of beasts class. Natty didn't get any replies from the owls she sent to you. Ominis hadn't been able to speak with you for days. Sebastian feared you may be avoiding him, but when Ominis approached him in the first time in days to ask what had happened to you he grew worried, had it been his fault? No, but he didn't know any better, he didnt know what you were up to.

You put together notes, Issadora's notes, letters, journal pages, anything and everything you could. According to Lodgok there was another reservoir of magic Ranrok hadn't been able to reach. You still had the machinery that the goblin rebellions were planning on making, that was up there too, pinned on a cork board in your little space. Bags were under your eyes, the lack of sleep was getting to you, but you didn't care, your thoughts were clear as day. This was the best course of action, you knew it had to be. But something interrupted you. A knocking at the wall near the curtain you placed to seal the area was heard, "Y/n, there seems to be a knocking at the door, though I don't know who could know of this room." You instantly felt a wave of anxiety fall over you, it was Sebastian, he was the only one who you told the location of the room to, he had seen you go in once before and even hung out here while Deek was away. This was bad, but you couldn't just ignore him. You quickly rushed out of the room closing the curtain behind you, pushing a box in front of it. "Thank you Deek, do you mind giving me some privacy for a while?" He nodded, moving back a step or two, "Call for me if you need anything." And with that he snapped away, giving you the privacy you desired.