Just Pretend (1) - P.C.

High School AU

In which Y/n, the 'nerd', and Chaeyoung, the popular head cheerleader, pretend to date to get the attention of the school's badboy, Jungkook. Little do they know, their little game will only make someone fall harder... but will the other fall as well?

Jisoo - 18
Jennie - 18
Irene - 18
Rosé - 17
Lisa - 17
Y/n - 17
Jungkook - 18
Taehyung - 18

*Set in America* (a/n: i dont use american english and idk what the ages of grades are in america works so bare with me)

Y/n's Pov

"What's love?"

That was the first question I had in mind when my parents first told me about their love story.

They were young, my parents meeting at just 5 years old when my mum moved to the same neighbourhood as my dad. They grew up together and were childhood and high school sweethearts, my dad being the captain of their school's basketball team and my mum as the head cheerleader.

They had their ups and downs but always went back to eachother. They called themselves soulmates... I highly doubt that soulmates are real though...

But I wanted that. I wanted to have someone to love. I wanted to have that sweet childhood love. I thought I finally found it when I met a girl named Roseanne when I was 9. But little did I know that high school will change us.

*eight years ago*

I was playing basketball in the backyard with my dad. Not like I want to, but it's my only way to bond with my dad since he's been busy at work.

"Okay, one more time, at the free throw line."

"But dad! I'm tired!" I whined. I'm really not the athletic type, despite my figure, I never really appreciated sports. Like okay, you can throw a ball into a hoop. Good for you.

"But Y/n/n, this is our first time in weeks hanging out together. We never get to spend time together because of my work. I miss my daughter."

"B-but... okay dad. You're lucky I missed you too." I said.

My dad smiled at me and passed me the ball. I lifted my arms up, making sure that my stance and technique was good. But when was about to shoot the ball. I heard a loud vehicle stopping at the house beside ours. I looked at my dad questioningly and received a shrug from him.

I dropped the ball and ran to the front of the house.

"Y/n! Ah nevermind." I heard my dad call from behind me.

When I reached the front of my house, I looked over to the house on my right and saw a moving truck parked infront of it with a car behind the truck.

I took a couple steps forward and peeked at the house which had a 'Sold' sticker on top of the 'For Sale' sign.

"Hi!" A high pitched voice said on my left. I jumped at the sound and turned to my left.

That was when I saw a girl who had a smile on her face, with brown eyes that sparkled under the sunlight and jet black hair. She was pretty... I mean not like Emma Watson pretty but still gorgeous. Sorry... I just finished watching 'Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban' so...