My free-wheeling ass kicking girlfriend

Bea had picked out her table in the bar and it was perfect. She could glance up at Ava at any time, it was close enough to spring up when needed but far enough not to get too distracted. Not that it helped much. She couldn't help but look at Ava. And she noticed others couldn't too.

Every so often there would someone too smily or too eager to talk and Beatrice had to take a deep breath and focus on something else. It just made her so furious. She would repeat over and over that she was just irrational. But every so often she would have to grip the chair so tightly and pretend she didn't have a stick with a very sharp point hidden in the back of her shirt that could cut of the finger that touched Ava's 'accidentally' while taking the glass.

Today was one of those days. There was a girl at the bar with long blonde hair who was looking a bit too intently at Ava. There was a tilt to her head when she smiled and after telling Ava the drink order she didn't look away when she turned around to grab something. 

Beatrice looked down at the pink coloured drink in front of her and took a long swallow.

When she looked back to Ava the blond girl was talking, swirling her fingertips around the ring of a tall glass. When the girl reached out and tucked a loose strand behind Ava's ear Beatrice stood up so abruptly she knocked the table in front of her backwards and half the people in the room stopped to look at her.

Her eyes found Ava's instantly and they were measuring to see what level of jealousy she had invoked.

Irrational she repeated. Beatrice managed to console herself and after taking a breath she sat back down.

Ava was visibly more careful, moving away from the girl to the other end of the bar. But Beatrice knew it wasn't her fault that when you looked at her nothing else mattered.

She tried to keep her eyes focused on the table but they drifted back.

The blonde called Ava over and before she knew it Beatrice was up out of the chair and half way to the bar. Smiling the girl handed a slip of paper, scrawled with numbers, to Ava and Bea knew what that meant.

She reached the bar handed the paper back and said "No thank you she's spoken for."

And then proceeded to take her by the hand and lead her outside with very jealous girlfriend stomps. Ava had a little tiny gleeful smile all the way.

Once in the fresh air, still holding her hand Bea turned to Ava. "I'm going to kiss you now if that's okay?"

When Ava replied with a little triumphant smirk Beatrice took her face in her hands and and kissed her like she would have given her everything if she'd only just ask.

When she pulled away Beatrice put her hand to her face and murmured "I can't believe I just did that."

Ava ran around in little delighted circles crying "No thank you she's spoken for!" like a little tiny hyper child.

Beatrice hid behind her hands until they were pulled apart. Ava stuck her face in the gap "My free-wheeling ass kicking girlfriend!" and kissed her face until she was so flustered she couldn't be embarrassed.