Chapter Forty-Four

They both stood gobsmacked watching me. Releasing the bottle blonde, I shoved her away from me. she landed on her face on the ground.

"Evers, whatcha doing?" Jono asked, assessing the situation.

Cracking my knuckles, I smiled at him "Was just hear to talk to my dear husband, you seen him?"

With a nod, Jono pointed to the doors across the room.

"Get the scum out of my club." I snapped as I shouldered past the two brunettes.

"You dumb bitch!" screamed the blonde as she got to her feet.

Whirling around, I went for her. She was testing my patience. Two arms wrapped around me and dragged me back.

"You dumb whore! You think you're the only woman they fuck? You think your special? News flash unless you've got a ring on your finger you're nothing, but a side hoe!" I shouted back as the arms dragged me back towards the door.

A hand slapped over my mouth, muffling my yells. Ripping myself out of the persons arms, I turned to glare at Nicky.

"Get off me."

Taking a few steps away from him, I glowered.

Nicky rose his eyebrows and eyed me "Always one to make an entrance."

Ignoring him, I walked past him into the hallway. Stalking up the stairs, I took them two at a time. Reaching the reception area, Lilly sat behind the desk as usual.

"Everly I wasn't expecting you." She started, standing up to stop me.

Rolling my eyes, I continued on "Save it. I don't give a shit."

Throwing open the door I walked into Satan's office. Luc and Val's heads snapped in my direction. Smiling at them, I sauntered in and closed the door in Lilly's face.

"Everly" Val greeted, looking between the two of us "I wasn't expecting you."

"Valentino, I won't stay long. I need my passport and my important documents." I told him, without taking my eyes off the devil.

Luc was focused on the document he was reading, ignoring me entirely.

Val looked at Luc, but when his boss said nothing he asked "Are you going somewhere?"

"Not really any of your business Valentino." I told him honestly.

Val looked a little affronted "Okay then."

"Can you give me my stuff?" I demanded the statue before me.

When I got nothing, I walked up to the desk and slammed a hand down on the documents he was reading. Luc finally took his eyes off the documents and his eyeline slowly rose to look at me in annoyance.

"My documents."

Luc leaned back and surveyed me "You mean, my documents."

"How do you figure that?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. Challenging him.

He could never make anything easy. He had to always make it like pulling teeth.

"They have my last name on them." He informed turning back to his documents.

Shaking my head, I asked exasperatedly "What are you five? Of course, they have your last name on them! I changed my name for you!"

Val stood up to leave, but was shot down instantly by Luc "Sit down Val."

"Luc, just give me my documents." I pleaded "I don't want to fight, I just want the documents."

After a beat he finally responded "I honestly don't care what you want. All I care about in this moment is you gone. Now, run along, I have far more important things to do then listen to you bitch and whine."