Chapter 8 • Riley's POV

Farkle tried everything he knew to help Lucas wake up, but nothing worked.

I cried. I couldn't take this anymore, knowing it was my fault he's unconscious.

"Thank you- Farkle-" was all I was able to croak out. My voice was very hoarse.

He nodded. "Anytime Riles."

"Mr Minkus, Ms Matthews," nodded Doctor Stein. "Why don't you call your parents to come pick you up. They must be very worried. Go on out into the waiting room, and wait. Thank you, we'll take care of Lucas from here."

I hastily walked out of the room. "Dang it!" I screeched, kicking a chair in the waiting room.

"Riley," whispered Farkle, grabbing my arm. "Please, calm down."

I turned around facing him, with my hair whipping behind me. "I can't just calm down, okay? All day, that's all that people have bothered to say to me, and can I tell you this? It's not very comforting! He's in this dang coma because of me, and y'all think it's as simple as waving a magical fairy wand making wishes! It doesn't work like that. Life doesn't work like that! So please, Farkle-" I shouted.

"Riley," he said more stern. "Sit down. I know how to comfort you."

I followed his order and sat down fuming. This isn't fair, people have been ordering me around all day and telling me how to feel. I'm the only person in control of that.

Farkle sat down next to me, and put his arm around my shoulder. My heavy breathing became more normal, and then I tested my head on his shoulder. He's actually making me more calm. This is working.

"Farkle. Riley," nodded Daisy as she came out of Lucas's current room he's staying in. "Why don't you two call your parents?" she asked.

I sighed. "My phone's at 1%," Farkle explained, "-but I'm not sure about Riley's."

"Mines fine," I snapped. "I just don't think my parents are willing to travel about, well however long it takes to get here, to come get me. They won't appreciate it. I'm sure to get chastised in the car. They're at work anyways."

"Well," negotiated Daisy. "Couldn't you let Farkle use your phone to call his parents, and he can see if they can take you home also? It'll be easier to explain to your parents if it comes from you personally."

Farkle nodded. "That could work," he admitted.

I sighed, "Fine. Here's my phone." I tossed my phone into Farkle's lap. He picked it up and began dialing his mom's number: 1-234-456-7890

• • •

Farkle's mom walked through the hospital door and embraced us in a hug.

"What happened? Never mind. Explain to me in the car, after you two rest. It's awfully late," Mrs Minkus said.

"How late?" I asked shocked. It couldn't be too late, or else my parents would've panicked.

"Oh Riley dear, it's already 8:30! Now c'mon, get in the car," she replied. Farkle and I walked out of the building saying goodbye and thank you to Daisy, and climbed into the car.

The Minkus's car is a big van with about 7 seats in the back. Farkle sat all the way in back so he wouldn't get interrogated, and I did the same. He put his arms around me again, and I hugged him.

At the moment, he was my best friend. He came when I called, and I really appreciated that.

"Aww. Look at you two, such a cute couple," cooed Mrs Minkus as she plopped into the car.

Farkle blushed and I stuttered. "No- we- we aren't- no-"

She just laughed. "It's alright darlings. It's a little obvious that you like each other, but I won't let the obvious get in the way of facts."

Uhm. No. We don't like eachother. We're just good friends... well, I know I don't like Farkle, but I can't speak for him.

He blushed even more and looked out the window. Maybe he does like me.

Nah. He can't, he's with Maya... or could he?

"Farkle," I whispered. "Do- do-"

He covered my mouth with his hand and nodded.

Oh my gosh.

He does.

Oh my gosh.

I smiled weakly and looked away. WAIT. I smiled?!?

No... impossible...

"Actions speak louder than words," laughed Mrs Minkus. I sighed and Farkle rolled his eyes.

"May I ask what happened? Riley, Farkle?" she stared at us through the mirror.

I shook my head and he continued looking out the window.

An hour later, Mrs Minkus pulled up to my apartment and let me out of the car.

I nodded thank you and walked into the lobby.

My phone buzzed as I was walking up 4 flights of stairs, and I saw a text message from Farkle.

It read:
"Hey, Riles... I love you🙈❤️PLS DONT TELL MAYA🙊thanks💘"

I collapsed on the 3rd flight of stairs and started crying very, very hard.

This is too much.

It's all too, too much.

Everything's too much.

[ hey, this was a crappy chapter... anyways. In my last chapter, instead of Billy walking with Maya, it was originally Farkle, but then I realized "WAIT!!! FARKLE'S IN THE HOSPITAL WITH RILEY AND LUCAS WAYAYAYWAIT HE CANT BE WITH MAYA RN!!!" and yea😂

y'all who're Filey shippers, well. you'll love this chapter.

I don't really ship Filey, because they're the same. Yanno the sayin, "opposites attract"?

Well, Farkle and Riley are too similar. Well they are in my opinion.

Maya and Farkle are different in sooooooo many ways. Farkle does well in class, and Maya... well... lets admit, she doesn't do so hot.

Riley and Lucas aren't that different, but yet they are. Idk I guess it depends on your opinion lol.

But intelligence isn't something to brag about or use as advantages, everyone is better at something than someone else. Remember that!😌

Before I forget, Happy Memorial Day weekend! Only if you're in the US ofc😉 and yep.

Gosh I'm talking a lot😂 I'll shut up now🙊

BUTTTTTT WAIIIIITTTT I HAVE MORE!!!

Jk, I've been rambling enough.

Hope you liked this crappy chapter.

Ahahahhaa, crappy chapter😂

Before I forget, Maya's real middle name is Penelope, but I changed it to Elizabeth.

Xoxo, Maura ]