Chapter 43 • Farkle's POV

Gosh, I felt horrible for Riley. She is heartbroken.

I didn't see her in first period, so I asked Ms Granger if I could go look for her. Ms Granger gave me permission, and I started walking around the school.

Where would a heartbroken girl stay in a school?

A sudden thought came to me. A bathroom.

I immediately rushed to the bathroom in the basement, because I figured that's where Riley would be, considering the fact that only the library is down there.

"Riley?" I called quietly into the deserted girl's bathroom. No one responded.

"Riley?" I tried again, walking inside and opening each stall. No one was inside any stalls. At all.

I checked the library, and to my luck, I heard some sobbing.

I started roaming through each isle, and I finally found Riley crying in the farthest isle of books, which oddly enough were about romance.

"Riley, are you okay?" I whispered, coming to sit next to her on the beanbags.

She just stared at me. "Why are you here. You shouldn't be. It's first period," hissed Riley.

I laughed. "Oh Riley," I whispered, "Its actually third period now. No need to worry, I've talked with their teachers and told them you aren't feeling well, so you've been excused. You okay, Riles? I heard what happened."

She cried harder. "Of course you've heard what's happened, everyone has. I don't know what to do, Farkle! What do I do? Everyone is staring at me with great pity in their eyes, and I hate it! I absolutely hate it!"

"Shh. Riley. Calm down. It'll be okay in the end," I said, putting my arm around her. My feelings for Riley have basically melted away, and now I just love her as a friend. Nothing more.

She rested her head on my shoulder, and I smiled. I am going to try and comfort her the best I can, without anyone finding out, because supposedly all the guys are supposed to be on Lucas's side. But I'm not, I'm actually on Riley's side.

"Riley, I don't know if you know, but all the guys are supposed to be on Lucas's side. But don't worry, I'm not," I quickly said.

She laughed quietly. "Thanks."

"Anytime Riles," I said, laughing also.

She finally stopped crying, and she smiled. Not with her lips, but with her eyes.

I love when she does that.

What did I just say mentally?

I think I still love her. She's available. I have a chance. Just get rid of Maya and everything will be perfect.

WHAT?!? WHY AM I SAYING THIS MENTALLY? WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?

I love Riley.

{ hey! Plot twist... AHAHAHHAHAHAHA good luck lovelys! Be prepared for an emotional rollercoaster! ~maura }