vi. the end

The sounds of a pair of fists filled the room as Mia's fists harshly smacked against the black sand-filled bag

A few rips formed in the fabric letting small waterfalls of sand to cascade to the floor.

It was late in the night, the clock only having struck three a few minutes before.

Her knuckles were red, small drops of blood leaking from the already healed skin but she didn't stop.

"How many of those have you gone through?" Kol's voice came from behind her. His eyes glanced down at the pile of what appeared to be nine broken, torn bags.

"Only a few," She replied, unable to meet his gaze as a small drop of blood hit the floor.

"You're gonna hurt yourself, darling," He warned as he walked closer, his eyes moving her to bloody hands.

"I'm fine."

He used his speed to grab her arms and hold her to his chest, stopping her movements, "No, you're not. Tell me what's wrong."

She breathed out, her eyes trained on the ground as she unwound the white, slightly stained red, fabric off her hands.

"I- I keep seeing his face. I can't get him out of my head."

His grip on her loosened as he spun her around to face him, his arm wrapped loosely around her waist while his free hand held her face.

Her eyes were glossy as she held back tears, "He won't leave me."

Kol's thumb caressed her cheek as he looked down at her sadly, "He's gone, darling. He can't hurt you anymore."

"What if-"

"No what ifs. You got rid of him, darling. You saved the world when you snapped. He isn't coming back to you."

Mia slowly nodded as a tear fell from the corner of her eye, "I'm sorry I left you for so long."

Kol breathed out as he pulled her closer to his chest, letting her bury her face into his chest, "It's okay, darling. Let's get you to bed, yeah?"

"Okay," She answered, her voice shaking as she let him lead her out of the small gym in their home.

He led her up the stairs, his arms gently wrapped around her waist as he guided her into his bedroom. He gently placed her on the bed before disappearing into the washroom.

He came back not a moment later with a warm wet washcloth before he knelt in front of her.

In the dimly lit room, he carefully rubbed the fabric against her skin, cleaning off any evidence of blood.

As the blood slowly washed away, he smiled before kissing her knuckles as he stared up at her, "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you again."

Mia nodded as she gripped onto his shirt and pulled him closer to her, her lips ghosting over his, "Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, darling," Kol answered breathily as he moved to hover over her, his forearms pushing against the mattress as his lips brushed against hers.

"Can you..." She paused, hesitating slightly.

"Can I do what?"

"Can you compel me?"

He frowned slightly, immediately thinking the worst, "Whatever for?"

"To stop the nightmares. Just- Just to make me have a proper night's sleep."

"Are you sure?" He asked, his eyes bearing into hers as if he was trying to read her mind.

She nodded, "Please?"

— — —

Mia's face was once again buried in the vampire's chest as she slept peacefully.

Klaus's head peeked through the doorway, his eyes glancing over his sleeping soulmate before meeting his brothers, "Is she okay?"

Kol's eyes stared down at Mia's face which was no longer ridden with stress, "Yeah. Yeah, she's okay."

A soft grumble escaped her lips as she wrapped her arms tighter around his torso, holding him as close as she possibly could in her dreamless slumber.

The two Originals chuckled softly, neither knowing that she was listening to them with a small smile on her face.

The Mikaelsons were finally siblings.

No more daggers. No more threats. No more pain.

The Originals finally began to live by the term 'Always and Forever'.

And it was all because of her.

Mia Rutherford Mikaelson had made them a family again. 

She is and will always be their everything. 

I am so shit at ending books

I may come back to this and add some more chapters or shit idk. I hope you liked it though, it's probably one of my favourites other than 'romeo and juliet' and 'violent delights' :)

Let me know if you want any more mikaelson soulmate types of books whether it's just one mikaelson or them all ;) I don't judge... clearly. We all know I'm a bit of a whore by now. 

Go check out my new books

Bye sluts :)

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐁𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 | 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞 🎉