Chapter Four

"Hey, how was the gala last night?" Ally asked, her voice almost as sweet as the caramel coffee she went and fetched for Lauren. Ever since their spat in the limousine, Ally had been extra obedient, going on coffee runs left and right, demanding other people to fall to their knees for Lauren, and she even went as far as sending a flower boutique to her trailer. Not that Lauren was complaining or anything.

Lauren shrugged, cupping the cardboard mug with her cold hands, "Just dandy. It would have been better if I wasn't suffering through a mild hangover."

Ally clicked her tongue under her breath, "The coffee might help clear it up. Thank god we're at an indoor set today. I don't think I could have taken another minute of that barn scene."

"It's too fucking hot," Lauren complained, soliciting 'the look' from Ally, "I swore the sun had burnt my face off by the end of the shooting."

Nodding, Ally changed the subject from small talk to something more controversial, "How did things with Camila go? I mean I watched the interview with Ryan Seacrest and it was perfection, but in the sense of actual feelings, did anything happen that, you know, made you ask yourself if I was right?"

"How typical," Lauren responded, slurping the coffee through her lips, "Nothing happened," Lauren lied, hiding her face behind the cup.

Ally pulled over a chair, and sat down, crossing her legs as she rested her head in the palm of her hand, "You're lying to me. Want to know how I can tell? You always use this defense mechanism. You insult the person who calls you out, and then you deny it."

Lauren scoffed, slamming her coffee down on the makeup table next to her, "Do you enjoy being my therapist? Maybe you should have went to college and majored in psychology instead of making Starbucks runs," Lauren shot back, her blood boiling in her veins.

"You're doing it right now, it's called displacement," Ally replied, shrugging her shoulders, "The sooner you accept your love for Camila, the closer you'll be to tranquility. You're starting to get wrinkles from all of this stress."

Lauren gasped, her hand flying up to her forehead. She felt around for any folds in skin, but found nothing but her smooth, makeup dusted forehead. "Don't do that to me," Lauren whined, "And if I were in love with Camila, I would just say it, but I can't, because she makes me want to scoop my eyes out with an ice cream scooper."

Stifling a giggle, Ally responded, "Face it, Lauren, you're head over heels for her, and even if you're not, you will be by the end of production. I can tell by the way you look at her, and trust me, she admires you for more than just your acting skills. Stop trying to fake hatred to be edgy and embrace your happiness. Being miserable all the time isn't good for you, and as your manager, I demand you to indulge in some relaxing activities, like yoga or a trip to the spa. Oh, I know! I'm going to schedule a trip to the spa for just you and Camila. I'll book the place clean, and you guys can have a bonding experience."

Bonding was one of Ally's many specialties. Every time Lauren didn't get on with someone well, Mediator Ally came to the rescue with her checkbook in one hand and her cell phone in the other.

"Ally, no, it's not going to work this time," Lauren insisted, clawing at Ally like a child who's mother had just arranged a play date with the school's bully, "Please, I'll give you a raise, and I'll let you give me free psychology lessons, but please, anything but this."

Shaking her head, Ally responded, "Nope, too late. I bet by the time filming ends, I'll have you admitting that you're in love with the one and only Camila Cabello. But first, my needless meddling has to get you two together."