Chapter 36: As I Lay Dying

This bitch is just reaching at this point.

Kol twirled a piece of my hair around his finger soaking in all of the information that I was telling him. From the moment Nik arrived, obviously not telling him what happened between Elijah and I, to the moment up to the ritual. He was quiet until the very end where he was laughing away at Nik's almost failed ritual and the death of all of those witches. 

"Oh Darling you seem to be at the center of everything"

"What do you mean?"

"Well right now with the witches dragging you into the forest to confuse Niklaus, and the few times where you were kidnapped just to thwart others plans"

"It's not like I ask for it to happen Kol"

A frown plastered onto my face and I turned towards him while sitting up to get a good look at him. At my sullen face, Kol quickly began to back track on what he was saying while he sat up to become more on level with me.

"No, that's not what I am saying darling, I'm saying that enemies now know that since the Originals found their mate, well..."

"Now they have a new weakness"

I frown even more at the new realization that that is possibly what I am. That every enemy that the Mikaelson's and Salvatore's had made, deemed me as their biggest weakness and perhaps they are right.

"Chin up darling, me and the rest of your moronic mates will protect you from anyone who shall be deemed a threat"

"Yea, but who will protect you?"

...

"Our daughter seems upset"

Aphrodite was surprised to see the God of War already at her bird pond, staring deeply into the water. 

"What for?"

"She doesn't want to appear weak, doesn't want her mates to see her as their weakness"

Aphrodite hummed and watched as the man clenched the edge in anger. Surprisingly, Ares watched with a frown as he watch his daughter walk along the side walk of Mystic Falls with her mates. He didn't like to see her so upset, he didn't want that frown to stay on her face.

"You know there is one person who can help her"

Aphrodite placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled wickedly when Ares finally looked at her, realizing what - or who - she was talking about.

"No, absolutely not. I forbid it"

"Ares-"

"No! They are never going to meet each other!"

"Ares-"

"No! She is not meeting that traitorous, lying, scheming-!"

"Ares!"

The God looked back to his lover with narrowed eyes, taking in a deep breath while doing so.