Chapter Ten

Nikki's POV

After we had pulled away and shaken off our trance we had decided on Friday at seven for the date.  The rest of the day was like a haze of cotton candy, unicorns, and happiness. Not even Mackenzie could make me angry when she made a comment on my hair.   When it came time for lunch I couldn't be happier.  I ran up to the lunch table where only Chloe was sitting.  I was about to spill to her the exciting news when I noticed Zoey was sitting alone at a different table.  

"Chloe, come on, let's go talk to her," I said with a sigh.

She looked up at me and raised her eyebrows, "Why? She's just gonna get angry."

I put my hand on her shoulder and gave her a look that made her sigh and mumble about how she would prove me wrong as she stood up.

Together, we slowly walked up to Zoey and sat down on the other side of the table.  She looked up and made a sound of disgust, "What do you want?"

I sighed, "Zoey, I'm sorry about earlier, I'm just worried about you.  I really am happy for you... We are happy for you."

Chloe nodded, "We really are, Zoey.  We just don't want you to get hurt, that's all."

Zoey slowly let her lips turn up into a smile, "Thanks guys, I really love you and I promise I won't ever let them change me," she reached across and we joined hands, while exploding into a fit of giggles.  Suddenly Chloe turned to me, "So Nikki... How'd it go with Brandon?" I blushed furiously at her devilish smirk.

Zoey's eyes widened, "OOH NIKKI!" She said laughing. 

I hid my face in my hands and screamed internally. 

"STOP!" I laughed out.

"Girl, spill!" Chloe said.

"Really?" I moaned.

"Yes really!" Zoey exclaimed.

I sighed in defeat, "Fine, we may or may not be boyfriend and girlfriend now," I said, my voice fluctuating up at the end to sound like a question.

"Squeeeee!!!!" Zoey and Chloe squeeled.

"Guys stop!" I whispered.

"Stop what?" I heard a voice 

I turned around to see Brandon standing with his lunch, "and why are you at this table?"

"Oh, hi, well we just thought it might be nice for a change," I said, not really wanting to go into detail about it.

He just nodded and sat down next to me.  

"Brandon and Nikki, sitting in a tree, K-I-" I cut Chloe off. 

"CHLOE!" I scolded.  

Brandon chuckled, "I presume you told them about us?" 

I blushed and bit my lip, nodding, "I hope that's okay?"

He laughed, "That's perfect," he said,  wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing my cheek.  I giggled and leaned up to kiss the tip of his nose.

"AWWWE!" Chloe and Zoey said in unison. 

Yup. THIS was the best day ever.

•-•-•-•

Sorry this chapter is really sucky and short.  I hope the fluffiness made up for how short it was.