Chapter XXXV

Chapter Thirty-Five - Face-to-Faceless

"But Eliza didn't kill Theo."

⇝߷⇜

Scott walks into Liam's room to see that the Beta was still in his bed, and he doesn't look like he's getting up any time soon. "Liam..." Scott sighs.

"No, I'm-I'm sick. I'm sick." Liam quickly made up an excuse, even though it wasn't necessarily the best one.

"You're not sick." Scott told him.

"Yeah, I'm like, deathly ill. It's serious. I think... I think it's the flu." Liam continued on with his excuse.

"It's not flu season." Scott informs him.

"Uh, then I probably have pneumonia..." Liam came up with another excuse.

"Liam, you're a Werewolf -- you can't get pneumonia. But you know what you can get? Is in trouble for being late to school. So, come on. Let's go." Scott said.

Liam flung the blankets off of him as he leaned on his elbows and looked up at Scott. "I don't think I should go to school. Or outside. Or anywhere. Ever again."

"It doesn't matter what you think, okay? Because you gotta go. Now, all you do is pretend like nothing happened." Scott said.

"Pretend? I'm just supposed to pretend?" Liam asked incredulously.

"Think of it like when Superman gets caught with his glasses off. You know, he doesn't give up. He puts them back on and says, 'I'm still Clark Kent'." Scott answers.

"You want me to wear glasses?" Liam questioned.

"No!" Scott answered, dragging Liam out of bed, taking his blankets with him. "I want you to go to school, okay? And be Liam Dunbar. Just like how Superman has to be Clark Kent, like Spiderman, and Captain America..."

"Captain American is just Steve Rogers. He doesn't have to pretend; everyone already loves him. Unlike us, who everyone hates. They hate us for trying to save their lives." Liam sighed.

Scott frowns. "You're right. We are trying to save their lives. Which is why you're gonna get up and go to school and pretend like nothing happened. Because if you don't, more people could die."

"Because of me..." Liam said.

"I didn't really know Brett or Lori... Well, not like you did. Or Eliza, for that matter, they got pretty close as well. But I know you." Scott told him before sighing. "And, if you're afraid of seeing more of your friends die, you'll go."

"Eliza's probably already dead." Liam muttered.

"We'll find Eliza, she's probably with Theo." Scott told him.

"Okay, but what if they got in trouble? What if something bad happened to them?" Liam asked.

"Are you worried about both, or just Eliza?" Scott narrowed his eyes at the Beta.

"I'm just gonna go to school." Liam muttered, standing up.

🐺🗡️

Liam and Mason walk into school, looking around at everyone in the hall. "Okay. Not bad so far. This might be easier than we thought." Mason noted.

"Maybe." Liam muttered while him and Mason walked down the hall.

"He's one of them. What is he doing here?" A student asked, whispering to her friend.