8

Zachary Taylor
- fast forward a month

I don't believe I'm fit to be a dad. Zuri deserves the world and I barely give her attention due to all these damn things I have to do.

I just feel like maybe if I step away from her and get myself together I'll be okay. However I don't want to walk out her life right now.

Everything with my career and Tasia and all of it is just a mess right now and I'm trying to pick myself up all alone.

If I'm being honest I miss Tasia, so much. Even though we went through a lot she was really my other half.

Being with her for 2+ years felt like eternity. We did everything together, whenever i was around she was around.

We were twin flames, soulmates all of it. She was my everything and more. I just wish she would've been okay with Zuri. I love Zuri.

I love Tasia, I don't know what to do with my life because I no longer have Tasia and I barely have Zuri.

After Fatima introduced me to her boyfriend I asked Zuri about it, she knows him but Fatima doesn't think she knows.

Fatima has let Zuri and Mar speak on FaceTime and all of that because Mar has a 6 year old niece who Zuri plays Roblox with.

They have play dates but Zuri and Mar have never formally met. He brings his niece, Skylar, and heads with Fatima upstairs.

That's what Zuri has told me so far. She said she doesn't care if she never meets him, if her mom feels uncomfortable with it.

Zuri is very smart, she knows her stuff and she knows exactly what to do, say, act and think. She has a mind of her own.

"Hello?" Fatima answered her phone, "Can we talk? Over the phone." I spoke adding in, she sat her phone up.

She was sitting in her home office, she picked up her pen and shooed me to speak. "Go own." She said as she continued writing.

"Um I was just trying to see how'd you feel about me MAYBE rekindling with Tasia- Boy get off my phone." She picked it up to hang up.

"WAIT WAIT!" I stopped her, "Please hear me out Fatima just listen!" She hesitantly put the phone back down.

This time she put her pen down, folded her arms and stared at me, well glared at me cause if looks could kill I'd be with my father.

"Okay, I understand what she said and it was wrong. She had no right to say anything she did say and Zuri is innocent and had nothing to do with it."

"However- I just feel like there shouldn't be no however Nigga, she said fuck our damn daughter like what?"

"How can you defend that?" Fatima was pissed, I could hear it in her voice but it's not fair to me. She won't even let me explain.

"Bye Fatima." I hung up and put my car in drive, I did a 60 all the way to her house. She doesn't understand over the phone.

I went up to the door after parking my 2023 Range Rover in her driveway. I used her spare key to get in like always.

"This man just hung up on me because I don't like the fact that he wants to get back with his ex girlfriend." I hear Fatima's voice.

I heard someone chuckle, "Did you atleast hear him out T?" I walked into her office and she looked up at me. "I'll call you back ma."

She hung up the phone and stared at me. "Tf are you here for weirdo?" She questioned me.

"Can we talk, and you actually listen?" She rolled her eyes, "Gone head explain to me what's so good about Tasia that you can excuse her actions."

"She's the only person I have left." I admitted looking at Fatima. "You have Zuri, and me." She shrugged sounding unsure.

"Do I though? I have Zuri but I don't have you, and quite frankly I don't need you Fatima. You're happy in your life and you have a life!"

"You can't just give up everything for me because if you truly knew me you'd knew what I struggled with and the help I need."

"No one knows that but Tasia, people say she's a gold digger and all that but truth be told she's the only person in my life that actually loves me. (besides Zur)"

"Tasia and I have years into this, she's been there for every break down, every suicidal attempt, every panic attack, every injury all of it."

"She stayed down for things I wouldn't left for and I applaud her for that, but that doesn't give her the right to speak on our child yes." I added.

"It's just since I was younger I didn't have anyone, my dad died, moms never cared for me, family shunned me all of it."

"I been taking care of myself since I was 12 years old, living in shelters, group homes all of it." I admitted to her.

"I met Tasia at my lowest, I had just got dropped from the NBA for what I dont know. She picked me up when I was down."

"She paid for everything and she wasn't even my girlfriend, just as my best friend she was helping me through so much pain."

"The night I made her my girlfriend was probably one of the best days of my life. After that it was just like good luck flowing."

"I got another offer with a different team, new house, fame, cars all of it and she was there to guide me through it all."

"So I understand if you're not fond of her but she's been my rock for a while and I get if you might be upset by it but I love her T, with everything in me."

I noticed her face just fall, "Okay, go get her then."  She said with a tight lip smile. "If you love her go get her!" She repeated.

I smiled huge, I went over and kissed her cheek repeatedly. After I left the house and did a 60 to Tasia's house.

Hopefully I am able to make this right between my daughter, the woman and I love and the mother of my first born child.

I don't want drama I just want the ladies of my life to get along. 

*y'all before we get on Zac for wanting Tasia remember he hasn't had no one ever until she came around. So let's cut my man some slack, this won't last long. 🙃