8.Hasna or Sarah?

Hamza picked up the call and pressed the answer button on his Bluetooth device. "Hello sweetheart, are you missing me?" he said, expecting to hear Sarah's voice on the other end. He heard Sarah's chuckle and she said, ' Yes, where are you now?'

On the way home.''Listen, have you crossed 'Haji misthanno Vandar' shop?'

'No dear, I am now on the main road. Why?'

'Actually, bring some sweets from there. We have dawat at home. Remember? I want to serve some sweets for the guest.''Sure, Your command is my wish.' Hamza didn't realize that a track was coming frantically toward him. As he was nearing his neighborhood, he saw a truck approaching from the opposite direction. Suddenly, the track swerved and hit him head-on, causing his car to spin out of control and crash into a nearby tree.

As Hamza slowly regained consciousness, he felt a sharp pain in his head and a dull ache in his limbs. His vision was blurry, and he struggled to focus on his surroundings. As his eyes adjusted, he saw Sarah sitting beside him, her eyes red and puffy from crying.

"Hamza! Thank God. you're awake! I thought I was going to lose you," Sarah exclaimed, relief clear in her voice.

Hamza tried to speak, but his throat felt dry and scratchy. He motioned for water, and Sarah quickly brought him a glass.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, concern etched on her face.

Hamza took a sip of water before responding. "I'm...I'm okay. What happened?"

Sarah explained that he had been in a car accident and that she had been by his side ever since he was brought to the hospital. She told him he was lucky to have only sustained minor injuries and would be discharged soon.

Over the next few days, Hamza's condition improved, and he was eventually discharged from the hospital. Sarah helped him back home, and they spent the next week together as he recovered. Soon he returned to his normal routine.

-----------

During his prolonged stay at home, Hamza noticed a gradual deterioration in his mother's attitude toward his wife Sarah. He was baffled by this unexpected behavior and struggled to comprehend how to reconcile the two. Despite his efforts to repair their relationship, nothing seemed to work. One evening, as he arrived home from work, Hamza overheard a conversation between Sarah and her mother.

"I'm genuinely concerned about your future, Sarah," Sarah's mother said.

"Why, mom? I'm perfectly fine," Sarah replied.

"Don't you see? Your mother-in-law despises you. I know Hamza loves you and takes good care of you, but what if something happens to him? His accident has me worried sick. I can't help but imagine what would happen to you if he died."

"Mom, please don't say such terrible things," Sarah pleaded.

"I'm only trying to be realistic. You won't have anywhere to go, and you have no security. You know I'm living at your uncle's house and how they treat me. I don't want the same fate for you," her mother said, tears streaming down her face.

Hamza's heart raced as he listened to their conversation. Sarah's mother had a valid point, and he realized he had neglected an essential aspect of their future. He felt a strong urge to rectify this.

The next day, he sought legal counsel and requested documents to transfer ownership of their house to Sarah, without her knowledge. He knew Sarah would object, but he was determined to secure her future, come what may.

It took several days to finalize the paperwork. Hamza signed the documents, sealed them in an envelope, and wrote Sarah's name on it. He left it on the kitchen counter, keeping the news to himself, aware that it would spark controversy and arguments. But deep down, he knew it was the right thing to do.