12.The reveal

Hasna perplexedly removed her hands from his and said, "What truth are you talking about? I have already told you everything. You know everything about me. You know that I am a mur..."

"Stop lying." Hamza slightly raised his voice. But more than his voice, his expression said it all. Hasna was taken aback. "Why can't you just tell me the truth? Aren't you tired of lying?"

Hamza was beyond angry, yet he maintained his calm and composure. He was tired of hearing her lies every day. She needed to speak the truth. He couldn't understand why she wasn't telling the truth.

Hamza took a deep breath and asked lovingly, "Hasna, I know you haven't killed anyone. Lying is a very big sin. Then why are you displeasing Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala by lying?"

Hasna averted her gaze from him but remained silent.

Hamza once again took her hands in his. He continued, "Tell the truth, Hasna. Admit that you haven't murdered anyone. I will clear your name from all the accusations, inshallah. But you have to tell me the truth. You trust me, right? Don't you?"

There was something in his words that made her look at him, and she regretted it. He was waiting for an answer. He really wanted to know if she trusted him or not.

"You are wrong," she said.

This time, Hamza dropped her hands. He was hurt. He thought that after all this time spent together, they had built some trust in their relationship. But he was wrong.

"So, you don't trust me," he said with a broken smile.

Hasna could clearly see in his eyes that he was deeply hurt. She felt terrible.

"It's okay," she heard him say. "Inshallah, one day you will." Hamza looked at the sky. Hasna was looking at him, feeling the burden of her guilt.

-------------

It was dinner time. Hamza hadn't come out of his study all day. Hasna was getting restless. After that incident, they hadn't spoken at all. She knew she had hurt him, but there was nothing she could do.

She was hesitant to face him, yet she was craving to see him. She was pacing back and forth in front of his study. But when dinner time passed, she decided to go and check on him.

She took some hesitant steps, and mustering some courage, she opened the door. Her eyes immediately fell on him, and she felt relieved. She found him sleeping, slumped over his desk with his head resting on folded arms.

Hasna approached Hamza's sleeping figure with soft, measured steps, not wanting to disturb his peaceful slumber. A smile slowly spread across her lips as she gazed upon him, admiring how adorable he looked with his head resting on the study table. She wondered if he was dreaming, as his lips curved into a precious smile. She sat down in front of him, her face cupped in her hands, captivated by his peaceful expression.

However, her joy quickly turned to worry when the folds of concern appeared on his forehead. She felt her own emotions changing in response to his, and as he stirred in his sleep, her heart raced with anxiety. She was relieved when he settled back into a deep sleep, and she carefully covered him with a blanket to keep him warm.

As Hamza's saddened expression gave way to a smile once again, Hasna couldn't resist brushing a strand of hair from his forehead, her heart beating faster at the touch of his skin. However, her attention was drawn to a small piece of paper that fell from his hands, and she bent down to pick it up. Her eyes widened in shock as she read the one line written on the paper.

For a moment, she felt paralyzed as she gazed at the paper, her mind racing with thoughts and emotions. Her hands and feet turned cold as she shifted her gaze between the paper and Hamza, everything suddenly crystal clear to her.