Chapter 15 - Prom Aftermath and Summer 2007

POV - MAC

Waking up this morning, I felt her warm body next to me, and I smiled as I remembered our activities. I placed a soft kiss on her head, as my hand traveled down her body, making her sigh softly in her sleep. She is so beautiful. How did I get so lucky?

I slowly slipped out of bed, grabbing some joggers and a shirt from my bag, heading to the kitchen to make us breakfast. I fixed myself a cup of coffee and got started frying bacon and slicing up some fruit. While I was finishing the eggs, I felt her arms slip around my waist, while she buried her head between my shoulders.

I moved the pan, cutting off the stove and turned in her arms, wrapping mine around her. "Good Morning beautiful, how did you sleep?"

"Mmmm, best sleep ever," she said, her voice still raspy with sleep.

I leaned down, kissing her softly. "How do you feel this morning?"

"I feel light as a feather, like all the tension has left my body," she said, smiling at me, making me blush slightly.

"Are you hungry? I made us some breakfast."

"Mm, starving," she said, still not leaving my arms.

I kissed her head, and moved her to a seat at the counter, while I plated us our breakfast. We ate in silence, each of us glancing at the other and smiling.

"So, what do you have planned for us to do today?" she asked as she pushed her plate back.

"Well, if you're feeling up to it, I thought we could go to the pier, maybe walk on the beach. Then come back here for a romantic dinner."

She looked at me with a huge smile on her face. "Can we go swimming later too?"

I pulled her into me. "Baby, we can do whatever we feel like doing." I said as I captured her lips in a soft kiss. "Come on baby, let's get ready." I said, lifting her off the floor.

"MADDS!!" she squealed as I walked back to our room.

We decided to shower together, which turned into a massive make out session. Once we had finished and were getting dressed, I saw something in her bag, lifting the box out. "Um, Lizzie, something you wanna tell me?" As I turn, holding up the box. Her face turned beet red, as she rushed to grab the box from my hand.

"Oh, no, please, give that back. I didn't, Clay put it in there......."

"Baby, Baby, you're rambling. Shhhhh, it's ok." I said, pulling her into my chest. "It's ok, baby, you have nothing to be embarrassed about, it's just a strap-on."

She looked up at me, her face still red. "I'm sorry, I just, I didn't know Clay stuck it in my bag."

"Liz, it's ok!! It's nothing to be embarrassed by, besides, you never know when it might come in handy," I said, winking at her.

She looked up and me grinning, a slight blush to her cheeks. If she only knew, but that was another life, I thought as I grinned back at her.

"Come on, let's go," she said, pulling me out of the room.

We had our driver take us to the Pier, and we spent the afternoon strolling the boardwalk hand in hand. We ate cotton candy and played a few games, but the most fun was watching the people around us. Lizzie laid her head on my shoulder, enjoying our time together.

"Hey, do you want to ride the Ferris Wheel with me?"

She looked up at me, a look of panic on her face. "I... I don't like adrenaline rushes," she said quietly.

"I promise baby, it will be fun, and I will be with you the whole time. I bet the view from the top is amazing."

She reluctantly agreed, and we made our way over, and waited our turn. When they let us on, Lizzie is glued to my side, our fingers laced together as the ride starts. As we get to the top, the ride stops, and Lizzie's grip tightens.