Chapter 2

Phayu had several bad nights before, He knew as much... There was the night he came to find Rain waiting for him outside the house and then woke up running a fever, the night when Rain was taken, countless nights while he and Saifah were younger and didn't know any better, but sitting with his brother in the hospital was winning the top place...

He was scared and comforted at the same time, comforted that his brother was where he could see him, Rain was where he could see him and scared - shitless - because Saifah looked bad, he looked all death-warmed-over and it scared him, it made him feel as if he had failed to protect him somehow, If their parents were to come to see him like this they would be hysterical...

Rain was providing all the comfort he could master... His presence soothed Phayu, his company reminded him that he was not alone in this, that Saifah was dear to Rain too...

The Doctor and nurses came and went... taking his vitals, asking Phayu and Rain if they needed anything, and so on.. he tried to call Prapai to know if P'Chai told him anything else... but to no avail...

"They must be in a tunnel or something, P'Phayu... P'Prapai wouldn't just ignore your calls..."

Phayu looked at him, sitting calmly there, the image of the good boy and perfect partner he was making was tugging on Phayu's heartstrings...

"Rain!"

"Huh? Do you need anything P'Phayu?"

"Yes, just one thing..."

"Anything..."

"Just come here..."

Phayu hugged Rain, a hug Rain returned a bit too tightly, and Phayu sagged in the hug a bit...

"It's ok, P'Phayu, P'Saifah will be ok, we will know who did this and he will pay... don't worry... everything is going to be ok... I promise..."

-----

Sky had been scared before, heck he had seen the dark side of the world alone from really early on, but when that car hit them and slammed on from behind, that was mighty scary even for him...

The hit was so hard that the airbags went off in their faces... it made Sky's head fuzzy and achy... if it wasn't for adrenaline he wouldn't have remained awake and conscious, he turned to his right to check for P'Pai... he too was caught with the airbag, except that Prapai's head hit the glass window, He could see blood trickling down Prapai's hairline, his face was covered by blood... Prapai himself was unconscious next to him...

The car that hit them was nowhere to be found and the bypassing cars were already stopping to check them... He heard someone already screaming to call for an ambulance.

He undid his seat belt and reached shakily for Prapai...

"P'Pai... C'mon... wake up..."

He saw people moving about, People trying to see if they were alive or not, another person was approaching him, an elderly man who stopped when he saw the two younglings in the car after it was hit...

He saw Sky struggling to undo Prapai's seat belt and get him out of the car...

"Let me help you get him out, Son..."

The man helped Sky take Prapai out of the car... and Laid him down in his arms on the pavement, waiting for the ambulance to arrive...

The man handed Sky his bag and Prapai's phone from the car... Sky saw Phayu has been calling, but he opted not to answer, there was nothing for Phayu to do, he wouldn't be able to leave his brother as well...

The ambulance arrived shortly... they managed to arouse Prapai and bandage his head, it was a slight cut but he was bound to have headaches from the hit for a couple of days, there's also the possibility of a concussion and his cheek was slowly swallowing up, blue bruises forming, They asked him to get checked at the hospital, and told him that he would need to get his rips scanned in case the driving wheel hit him in the chest, Prapai shooed them off, He didn't need to worry anyone any further, he felt fine and other than his head, nothing else was hurting him, He asked - and insisted for them to check Sky.