Four

Chapter Four

The rest of the night had passed, daylight was cracking through Harper's bedroom window. She remembered everything from the night before, especially what she had said to her father. After she had said it, he just looked at her. With no emotion, he had turned around and left her there.

He didn't shout.

Didn't get angry.

He didn't seem to care.

It was strange, he normally would have screamed at her for saying something like that. Something so horrific, but he didn't do anything about it. Harper sat up from her bed and quickly grabbed her phone, she wanted to see Sarah and Kiara that day.

She quickly got ready for the day before grabbing her bag and putting her phone in there along with some money just in case she would need it. She turned the knob on her bedroom door to open to which, to her surprise, didn't open. 

Harper violently began trying to force the door open, it was stuck. It was locked, "Dad!" She screamed through the door while still attempting to open the door. Of course she didn't get away with it, what was she thinking.

"Open the door" she yelled, she was met with silence. She still struggled to open the door, hoping that by luck it might burst open giving her the freedom she wanted. "Dad!" She yelled again, this time she heard footsteps and she stopped trying to open the door.

"Harper I won't open this door until you can learn" Richard spoke from the other side of the door. "This isn't fair, you can't keep me locked away" she replied to which she heard a laugh. "Oh trust me I can" he replied, "you live under my roof, therefore you obey me" he stated and Harper rolled her eyes.

"When can you let me out?" She asked, "not until you can swear on your mothers life you will never see Sarah again" he demanded. Harper felt annoyance wash over her, of course he would say something as stupid as that. 

"You can't be serious" she spoke and he laughed again, "I'll come back when you can do what I ask, all I ask is for one thing and you can't even do that. And to think you wonder why I get so angry at you all the time, and the reason I favour your brother" He admitted.

Although Harper always knew he did, it was he first time he had spoken it aloud. She hated to admit how much it hurt her, so she didn't reply. "Call me when you want to make the right choice" he spoke before his footsteps became quiet. Harper was not going to stay in her room that day.

She needed air, she needed to be away from the house. She looked over at her balcony, she wants a climber she had to admit. But maybe she could try, this was her only chance.

"Shit" she cursed before walking over to the balcony, practically praying that the door wasn't going to be locked. She pushed the handle down and slid the door to the side revealing the outside, she walked out to the balcony and looked down.

It wasn't too difficult but something she had never attempted before, she looked down again to check no one was there. She began the descend, almost falling once but saving herself. As she got to the bottom she looked up and was proud of herself, she heard a car come to a stop outside her house.

Harper turned around to see a familiar car, but once she had never personally had to deal with. She looked at the number plate and knew exactly who it was.

R4FE.

She rolled her eyes as she saw Rafe's head sticking out of the window. "Never expected to see the princess of the Jones sneaking out" he commented, "yeah well you have so you can piss of if you want" She replied, while walking towards her car.

"Why are you sneaking out? Is it because of last night?" He asked and Harper sighed, she didn't reply. "It is isn't it, and I bet your brother put the blame completely on you" he stated while being correct.

"Yeah well none of that matters anymore" she spoke as she dug around in her bag for her keys. Her keys, she had forgotten her keys. She closed her eyes and sighed before looking up at the balcony again.

"What's the matter? Did you forget something" Rafe asked while laughing, Harper once again didn't reply and she looked at her car. Maybe she left it unlocked, she tried it and the car door didn't budge. Just like her bedroom door that morning.

"For fucks sake" Harper voiced, "one tip. Everytime you sneak out, make sure you have everything" Rafe commented and she rolled her eyes. "Thanks Sherlock" she snapped, "you know I can give you a ride" he offered and Harper laughed.

"No thanks you can leave now" She fakely smiled, she then heard her fathers voice and realised he was coming towards the front door. "Fine get caught by your dad" Rafe spoke, "I'll give you one more chance and then I'm going" he offered again.

Harper turned around and then back at the car, it was either get caught or get away with the person she really didn't want to. She made her decision and opened the car door before climbing in, as she closed the door the car moved at a fast rate.

"I hate you" she commented, "yeah but your in my car" he laughed and she scoffed. "Where's Sarah at today?" Harper asked and Rafe shrugged. "She left early this morning, fuck knows where" he replied.

The car was silent, it was a comfortable silence. It was weird, she would have thought it would be awkward sitting in the car with the person she was born to hate. But she felt calm and normal, but there was a question she had and she wasn't afraid to ask it.

"Why did you even help me?" Harper turned to Rafe, "because I like making your dad angry" he replied. "Yeah I think i did that enough these past few days" Harper admitted, "good on you" Rafe replied.

Of course he would say that.

"Anywhere I can drop you, or would you love to stay in my company for as long as possible" Rafe commented, "at the beach. Kiara's there" Harper spoke. "Why you even friends with them?" Rafe asked and Harper looked over at him.

"Because their fun" Harper answered, "kooks are fun too you know" he replied. "Yeah yeah, all they do is throw parties and get drunk" Harper stated, "and they don't?" Rafe asked calmly. "They do sometimes, but they aren't crazy when they are drunk" Harper spoke as she indicated what Rafe was like the night before.

"Your brother started it" he defended, "I understand that. I don't like my brother either" Harper admitted, Rafe pulled up outside the beaches car park. Harper opened the car door and hesitated for a second before closing it. She turned around "thank you" she smiled. Rafe smiled back, "your welcome" he replied before Harper shut the door and walked onto the beach.

She turned around and watched Rafe speed off, she didn't expect that to ever happen. "Harp!" Kiara shouts, Harper turned around and quickly made her way over to her. "Oh my god what happened last night after you went home?" Kiara asked.

"Basically, my dad and I got into an argument after my stupid brother decided to blab his mouth about everything" Harper began explaining and Kiara rolled her eyes. "Your brother is such a dick" she stated and Harper nodded "and I told my dad that I wish he died instead of my mum" Harper admitted.

"Okay" Kiara nodded, not really knowing what to say. "Okay that's bad" she spoke, Harper nodded "I know it's really bad" she admitted. "Look it's fine, he'll get over it soon enough" Kiara suggested and Harper shrugged.

"Maybe" she answered, but in truth she wasn't really thinking about her dad at all while talking. More of someone else.