Seventh Flag - Don't Tell Anyone You're From the Future

Though Felix wanted to stay with Jisung and keep an eye on him a little longer, Jeongin confirmed that the Prince was officially out of the woods and no longer needed someone to look after him. Felix was fairly worried, to say the least, but he supposed he'd imposed on Jisung for long enough.

"Please be more careful from here on out, alright?" he urged, taking Jisung's hands and squeezing them tightly.

Jisung smiled slightly. "I will. Let's have dinner together again soon, alright? I'll make sure to ask the cooks to make it hemlock-free."

"Don't even joke about that!"

The Prince merely chuckled before finally taking his leave with Jeongin, who insisted on accompanying him back, just in case. When they finally left, Hyunjin lightly squeezed Felix's shoulder.

"Come on, let's head back."

"Where are we going?"

"Rising Moon Palace. I'm feeling up for a nap."

Felix shot him an unimpressed look. "You were still asleep barely an hour ago, and the day's only just begun."

"Well, maybe I'm simply feeling a little lazy today. In any case, I won't be leaving my room until dinner tonight."

Felix was half-tempted to argue – now that Jisung was alright and the assassin was caught, he wanted to finally go and take a look at the library. However, he still had his duties as Hyunjin's personal guard, meaning he couldn't leave his side for too long, even if he decided to stay inside all day. Plus, there was no denying Felix was a bit too tired to actually do anything, the worry and anxiety that had kept him up all night now finally melting away.

In the end, the pair returned to the Rising Moon Palace. Instead of going to his room to take a nap, however, the Prince went to sit behind a low table on which was set a very large, stringed instrument. Felix remembered having seen it in some of the dramas he'd watched, but he couldn't remember the name of it.

"What are you doing?" he sighed. "I thought you wanted to take a nap?"

"Yes, well, I changed my mind. I want to play, now. You might as well make yourself comfortable," replied Hyunjin, plucking a few strings to test the sound.

Felix rolled his eyes, a tad exasperated by the Prince's somewhat capricious nature, but he truly was too tired to argue at that point. So, he settled down on the small, but comfortable couch set up on the side of the room, leaning against the thick, silk pillows as he kept an eye on Hyunjin, admittedly curious.

"What instrument is this?"

Hyunjin quirked a brow. "Were you raised in a cave, I wonder? Common as you may be, I'd have thought just about anyone knew of the gayageum."

This little jab did upset Felix a bit, and he clicked his tongue, looking away. "Well, a hundred apologies, Your Highness. I'll refrain from blatantly exposing my stupidity from here on out."

A faint sigh escaped Hyunjin as he plucked another string. "Felix... I did not mean to imply anything by it. I was merely surprised, for I've known this instrument my whole life. I didn't think it possible that some may not know of it."

"It's a court instrument, is it not? I somehow doubt anyone with lesser means could afford this instrument, let alone lessons to learn how to play it," retorted Felix, still a bit miffed. "You ought to keep in mind that people outside your precious palace's walls have greater priorities than learning music."

Hyunjin lowered his eyes in contrition. "My apologies. It would seem I have a hard time learning from my mistakes. I'll try my best to refrain from making such assumptions in the future."