2 / reaction

She wasn't sure if she expected the letter, but when she opened her bag, she saw the same blue envelope.

She immediately smiled, setting her book beside back to the shelf and sitting down the floor. Unlike yesterday, she was less hesitant to open the letter.

She breathed in relief, seeing the same neat and beautiful handwriting writing the words "Dear Sam".

At the next lines, she was surprised that he knew Ms. Dominique. She was her teacher in 3rd Grade and-

Wait, does that mean we're classmates before?

She wasn't sure if he purposely left that clue, or if he didn't notice that he gave her a clue. But she was happy. It was a small step on knowing him.

The letter turned serious though. She frowned, re-reading the lines she didn't want to hear.

But it also made me realize how pathetic I am.

She didn't want that. Writing letters without any hint of identity is cowardly, but she understood.

After all, they are the same. He hides behind his letters, while she hides behind her books.

She understood his reasons. Everyone is afraid of being judged. It was normal to think that way, right?

Just when she was about to fold the paper, she noticed there was a small part that is unread.

Don't forget that you're beautiful, yeah?

"How will I forget if you keep on telling me that?"

She grinned, shaking her head.

"Silly Anon."