Chapter 21: Dealing with whims

- No care - said the young female cat - Let's wait for Joey's signal, we'll get out of here and you say your line.

- I'm sorry if this causes any inconvenience - said the Royal Guard in distress.

- Don't worry about that, after this, my tour with the theater begins and I will leave this kingdom, I don't have anyone to give explanations - said Matilda amusingly, you could see that she is very happy.

- I hope that you will do well, although I haven't had the opportunity to see your plays - he said - Must be beautiful.

- We can arrange that, I will give you some tickets so you can go - said the female cat – These are valid anywhere we will be.

- Thank you very much - said Puss surprised at her gesture.

- You're welcome - said Maltida - You always have to know art, it's beautiful.

- There is no doubt about it - He answered in agreement - Can I ask you a question?

- Go ahead - she answered.

- What favor did you owe Joey? - Puss asked again, since his friend omitted that information.

- I had a little problem some time ago with a moron who was obsessed with me... He followed me everywhere, he looked like a psychopath... Then Joey came and helped me to get rid of him - said Matilda - He didn't want to receive anything in return, but I insisted if he needed something he should ask me for it.

- I understand - said Puss.

- Speaking of your friend... he's sending me the signal right now.

The Royal Guard didn't even bother to look back, so he acted as normal as possible, inside the "Dating Zone" that they were in, after the evening was over, they came out of there. Matilda just ran a hand over Puss' arm.

- So... - she started to "acting" - See you at the Moon Festival?

- Sure - he said - Come see me tomorrow afternoon after my shift.

- Don't be naughty, we said Festival - she accused him in a funny way.

- Please, there's still time for the festival... - he asked as if he were asking Kitty, it was the only way he could find to make it come out as natural as possible.

- Okay... - she said and before leaving, she "kissed" him on the cheek; since she really pretended to do that - See you.

- Goodbye - said Puss.

He hoped this would be the most credible... As his task was finished and he pretended to go to the barracks and actually just stayed around.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joey had this chance only, he waited patiently behind a wall paying attention to the recently scene of Puss and Matilda. He carefully and closely observed any suspicious activity.

Until he saw him...

The guy was almost hidden on the roof of the tavern they had visited, he had not entered and looked like he had been waiting for a long time besides being attentive to what his friend was doing so as not to miss any detail of what had happened.

Joey headed to his location, climbing up carefully so as not to alarm him. Before facing him, he whistled softly for Puss to come.

- May I ask... What are you doing spying on a Royal Guard? - he asked suddenly, startling the stranger, who was so aware of what he was doing that he was taken by surprise at his presence. When Joey saw him, he became strangely familiar, he was a complete gray cat and he was wearing a hood to hide his identity.