Prologue

~BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.~

School is going to get the best of me. I'm sick and tired of having to do the same exact thing over and over again. 10 months, 25 weeks, and 180, all of learning. That's way too much if you ask me.

"PHOEBE PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU EAT YOUR VITAMINS BEFORE YOU LEAVE, I'M GOING TO WORK NOW!" exclaims my father. If you ask me, it's too early to be yelling as well. I hear a door slam just as I roll myself out of my soft, comfortable bed, dreading each moment of it. I make my way to the bathroom to get ready, and it feels like time flies by because my bus is about to pull up around the corner. I look at the time and fly out of the bathroom like my tail is on fire. I have never gotten ready faster in my lifetime.

I race out the door, and I make it to the bus stop just as the bus pulls up. I find seat 10 on the bus and sit down almost out of breath from running down the sidewalk like a crazy person. I shuffle in the secret pocket of my backpack looking for my airpods. "Crap." I forgot my headphones. I sigh and just hope time passes by as fast as it did when I was getting ready. Finally I got off of the bus and waited at the pole where my friend and I usually meet up in the mornings. It was my second week in 7th grade, it has a lot more work than 6th grade. I honestly wish I could go back. My friend eventually gets to the pillar, after a few minutes that feel like forever. I never knew how embarrassing it would be to stand by a pole by yourself. 

As my friend and I are talking, the bell rings for the first period. At this point, I had already memorized my schedule, unlike the sixth grader who came in my first period thinking this was his classroom. My first period of the day was "Computer Applications" with Mr. K. He was my teacher last year for business keyboarding, so I had gotten used to his class after the first day. I sat in the back row next to a kid named Kyle on my left side. On my right side, was a boy named Dawson. Younger me would have never guessed how much he would soon impact my life. I have this "best friend" (she's actually really fake, I wish I was making this up) and her name is Gracelyn. I have known Gracie since kindergarten, and we never really got close until last year. And since then, my life has become a living heck. In everyone's eyes, she's just a perfect, cute little angel that can never do no wrong, but only I see who she truly is. Only I can see the pain that she causes. Only I can see right through her. We would always talk to each other by reading each others mouth movements, but Mr. K really would care because we were his favorites. At least I was one of his favorites. Gracelyn and I didn't have a lot of classes together this year unlike last year where we had 5 out of 6 classes with each other.

Soon enough, the bell rang to go to the second period of the day. After the first period of the day was over, the day just got slower and slower from there. Lunch was the only period that flew by, I barely even got enough time to finish my main meal. I hear my section get dismissed and I head on over to 4th period with Gracie with my stomach feeling like I didn't eat anything, anything at all.

My 4th period is math, Mrs. Lea's class. Since it was the first couple weeks of school , we got to choose where we got to sit. Everybody sat with their friends, I'm guessing Mrs. Lea did this so she could see where NOT to place us. I gotta give her credit for that one. The work that we were doing required a piece of paper, so I went over to the teacher to get a piece. When I came back I heard a deep familiar voice behind me. "Hey, Phoebe?" I turned around to see who was talking to me. As soon as I turn around I see that Dawson was talking to me. I am kind of shocked that he is interacting with the shy girl that nobody knows, considering that he is a very popular person. "Uhm... do you by any chance have snap?" he asked me. I could tell that he was nervous. Till this day, I never remember what I said. Gracie said that I said no, and my friend, Evelyn is saying that I said yes, and I do not know who to believe. Whatever I said, he never gave me his snap either way. That was the first interaction I had with Dawson, and I knew that it would not be the last.