010

Pretty lies
(Angt with some fluff that's not really fluff)

Chuuya hates the words 'I love you'
Why?
Because they're lies.
At least to him.
But they're so pretty that he falls for them every time.
Chuuya Nakahara hates the words 'I love you because of
Osamu Dazai.

"Mhm...Chuuya?"

"Mh Dazai?"

"I love you."

"You...what?"

"I love you Chuuya Nakahara. I love your heart. I love your hair. I love your flustered face. I love your slight attitude when your tipsy. I love when you pout when I dint give you attention. I just...love you."

"I...I."

"You don't have to say it back Chuuya I don't mi-"

"I love you to Osamu."

Those three words set Chuuya into absoulute panic mode. Those three words could drive Chuuya right over the edge. Especially when they left from Dazai's mouth. They drove him absolutely crazy.

4 years ago (the night Dazai left)

"Dazai I'm really sleepy."

"K then go to bed Chuuya."

"Jeez what's up with you. Bring salty isn't exactly your nature. Arn't you going to say
'Aw Chuuya that was so cute!'
Or
'Okay let's go to bed Chuuya!'"

"Chuuya I-"

"You what?"

"Nevermind, it's nothing. Let's go to bed."

"Good night Dazai..."

"...good night Chuuya. I love you."

"I love you to."

__

Why? If he loved him then why did he leave?
That's a question Chuuya asked himself quite a lot. He found himself degrading himself for this. If he was good enough then Dazai wouldn't have left him. If he was good enough then Dazai would've meant it when he said I love you.

Kouyou loves him.
Tachihara loves him.
Gin loves him.
Even Elise does.

But when he hears those words...he never seems to believe them. Because the moment he does they're gone. The moment he does they don't anymore. The moment he does those words mean nothing. Chuuya always doubted himself, but when it came to people telling him those three words he didn't even have to doubt anything.

I'm a monster.

I'm not human.

I'm just what's left of Arahambaki.

No one can love me because I'm not meant to be loved.

I'm a monster.

I'm a monster.

I'm a monster.

But to think for at least a second that Chuuya was loved for even a very short amount of time; is the thing that kept Chuuya breathing.

That's the power of Pretty lies.
Even if they're not true
You always fall for them.

_________________________________________

I'm sorry for all the angst. Also I said that my next one would be longer but I just had this idea and decided to write about it. I PROMISE the next one will be longer okay? I hope you have a good rest of your day and if it's night time then I hope you have a good sleep.

Please leave your opinions in the comments <3

Word count: 487 (kinda)