Chapter 10

Your POV

You stood with everyone, waiting for Sophie and Biana's brother to get back.

As soon as they did, everyone rushed to hug them.

Everyone but you.

"Do you know how scared we were?" Biana scolded. "You gave Y/n a panic attack!"

"I'm sorry Y/n," Sophie said, rushing to you. When she came face to face with you, you turned your head away.

☆○o。  。o○☆

The next day when you went to Exile, you ran to Tam and Linh to thank them.

"Um, thank you for helping me yesterday," you told the two.

"Oh, it's no problem. I'm glad you're feeling better!" Linh answered first.

"No problem," Tam said, looking away.

☆○o。  。o○☆

"Today you'll be improving your night vision. Let your eyes adjust to the darkness."

You tried to remember that you were safe. but shards of memories from your brothers death kept coming back and cutting you.

Making you bleed.

"Are you okay?" Tam's shadow asked you.

'I'm fine.'

"If you need help, you can always talk to me or Linh," he offered.

'Thanks," you responded sincerely.

☆○o。  。o○☆

Everyone was leaped to a lake at the base of a mountain to practice holding their breath.

As soon as you put your head in the water, you felt a strange calmness. The world had stopped. Time is irrelevent.

You looked up to the sky and watched clouds that looked like cotton candy float off into the midday sun. Absorbing the warm sunlight, you felt something you haven't felt in a while. You felt peace.

☆○o。  。o○☆

"We have a record! Forty six minutes!" one of the colours said.

"Forty six?" you heard a voice exclaim and you surfaced.

When you looked at the person that had spoke, you felt a connection to her. Then why couldn't you remember her?

☆○o。  。o○☆

"Y/n, come with us," Tam's voice said, through his shadow.

"Okay," you answered and followed him. Around the same area you was Linh and the same girl you was earlier.

"Let's go."

☆○o。  。o○☆

When you leaped to the forest you took off your mask and held Linh's sleeve.

The rest of the conversation blurred into background noise as you watched a butterfly land on a wilted flower.

Linh pulled you and lifted water for you to cross the riverbed. Once you were across, she dropped the water, but kept a little bit to make a butterfly. Just like the one you saw before.

☆○o。  。o○☆

For some reason, you leaped with the girl and arrived at a forest with everyone else.