7. Cafe Nightmare

"Taehyun?" Eunbi said in surprise, as the boy who looked equally shocked. Taehyun awkwardly clutched his bag in his arms. The girl gave him a weird face. "What are you doing here?" Taehyun pointed to the cafe behind her, and she turned around to see it.

"I could ask you the same thing." He said, and she groaned.

"Why do I see you everywhere I go?" She mumbled, lightly hitting her head with her wrist. She walked past him, making Taehyun narrow his eyes as he turned his head to see her figure.

"Quite ironic how the girl who's creepily following me everywhere is the one who's talking," Taehyun shot back, making Eunbi turn around with a glare.

"Following you? The fuck are you on? I did no such thing." The boy grinned as he stepped closer.
"Well you obviously want me to tutor you," He said snobbily. "Unfortunately, I have priorities." The girl scoffed.

"Okay what the hell are you on about?" The boy rolled his eyes much to her displeasure, and he shoved past her to enter the cafe. The girl was about to leave when her stomach growled again. She looked at her stomach before looking at the retreating figure, as the door slammed behind him. Releasing a harsh sigh, she promptly followed after him.

The cafe was dimly lit as people talked amongst themselves in a quiet murmur. Taehyun waited in the line. He glanced behind him for a moment before looking back in realization.
"What are you doing here?" The boy whispered, making Eunbi point to her stomach. Taehyun gave a scowl before looking back forward. As they stepped up into the line, the
the waitress smiled sweetly.

"You guys are such a cute couple," she said while smiling politely. Eunbi was about to object before Taehyun bowed a little.

"Haha, thank you!" Eunbi watched in disbelief as he took his order. ....what? Taehyun looked behind him, nudging her to take her order. Eunbi snapped out of it as she quickly answered the first thing she saw on the list. As they walked out, Eunbi spoke up.

"Since when were we a couple?" Taehyun blinked before looking at her.

"Shh! They give a couples discount here! Why else do you think everyone here is on a date?" Eunbi stared at him for a moment before looking away with cheeks tinted pink. As she looked back up, she frowned.

"There's no other tables available..." She said as she looked around for extra tables. Taehyun shrugged as he sat down on the table. Eunbi hesitated, before taking a seat in front of him. It was a table that could only fit two people. It was seated right next to the window, so they could look out of it while eating. Taehyun took a sip of his coffee as he looked out the window. Eunbi fiddled with her hands awkwardly. A murmur of chattering and some low, lyricless music playing in the background set a serene vibe.

Eunbi felt her phone buzz as she was about to take a sip from her drink. She put it down quickly, catching the attention of the boy who sat ahead of her. She swiftly grabbed her phone from her pocket, viewing the message almost immediately.

Dad

Where are you

Me

Working on a school project

    Dad

Get those grades up

    You need to be number one I won't tolerate you being a disgrace

Eunbi sharply exhaled as she shut her phone off. Taehyun watched intently as the girl licked her lips and bit them in frustration.