Chapter 2: Lighting Tiger + Kinji's Bio + Takeru's Update

Takeru's POV

It has already been half a month since I was reincarnated and since I tamed Lucky—the last Fire Lion prince of the Fire Star Pride.

The two of us have completed ten quests. The number of jobs so I could rank up to 'E' rank.

On our sixth quest, we encountered a giant snake in the swamp.

Swamp Snake

We learned that the Swamp Snake was created by a Marsh Witch, who wished to protect the life in the swamp and kill anyone who harms it.

Our job on that quest was to retrieve a magical jewel from the Marsh Witch.

Me and Lucky were able to retrieve a gem, but we then discovered that the March Witch died a few years before any Adventurers came.

I offered the Swamp Snake to come with us and she accepts to the terms. I then tamed her and she wished to change her name. Originally, her name was Siris. I then gave her the name, Jeanne.

After our tenth quest, Lucky evolved from Fire Lion to Lava Lion. He now has the power to shoot lava from his mouth and he gains rock-like armor on his back.

And right now, I am working my way to 'D' rank.

- - -

No one's POV

In the Adventurer's Guild, the receptionist Hana informs Takeru.

Hana: Congratulations on making your way to 'E' rank, Takeru-san. But what still surprises me is how you tamed the Marsh Witch's Swamp Snake.

Adventurers stare out the window to see Hydo and Leo. They also talk about how he ranked up so quickly in half a month.

Hana: I see Leo has grown so much.

Takeru: Yes, he has. Anyway, are there any 'D' rank missions I could take?

Hana: Well...

???: Why don't you try the Temple of the Tiger?

The voice caught both Hana and Takeru off guard. They turn and the voice came from...

 They turn and the voice came from