Chapter 3: The Start of a Party with a Fisher and Chef + Misao & Genta Bio

Takeru's POV

About four months have passed.

I had tamed three animals, a Lion with the power of magic fire, a Snake that guards the swamp that was crafted by a witch, and a Tiger embodied with lightning by monks of the mountain. And in the midst of it all, I made a new friend along the way, Kinji Takigawa, a bounty hunter who has the spirit to protect the country he lives in.

He even gives me a lesson about this world.

We then started to grow into even closer friends and after a few quests Bolt and Kinji grew a liking towards each other. They basically became partners.

I then started thinking that I have more people to be a part of our new animal-human party. More humans to have a partnership with animals I tame.

- - -

In the inn, Kinji and I dine our breakfast to gain strength for our ongoing quest.

No one's POV

Kinji noticed Takeru was in deep thought as he eats his meal.

Kinji: Takeru.

Takeru then snaps out of his deep thought and looks up at Kinji.

Takeru: Huh?

Kinji: You were in your deep thought state, again.

Kinji takes a Tamagoyaki from Takeru's plate with his chopsticks, Kinji then ate it.

Takeru then lets out a sigh.

Takeru: You noticed?

He then takes a sip of his Miso Soup.

Takeru: I have been thinking about expanding our trust in others.

Kinji: Oh, so you continue to think about was I said.

Takeru then ate his last Tamagoyaki.

Kinji: When it comes to expanding one's party, you need trust and money. A lot of parties require the leader of the party to pay other members for their share.

Takeru then eats his bowl of rice. He stops when he thought of something.

Takeru: What about slaves?

Kinji: For slaves, all you have to do is buy them, you don't have to pay them. Personally, I don't want to buy a slave. It makes me feel bad if I own a human being to work for me.

Takeru: Even if you buy the slave for their freedom. 

Kinji: Yeah, still makes me feel bad.

Kinji then finishes his entire meal.

Kinji: But... that's up to you.

Takeru looks surprised at Kinji.

Kinji: You started this party, you lead it, so you decide on how we expand our ranks.

Takeru then thinks about it.

Takeru: We wait until we get a house.

Kinji: Oh, until we get a house?

Takeru: One where you get a large kitchen, a giant yard for training, a house with a giant bathtub, and many rooms for many servants, soldiers, and even high-ranked people like us.

Kinji: I don't know of a house like that. But we can build something like that. But I guess we need more people to help us with that.

Takeru's POV

Near the lake, Kinji and I level up by facing off against many different water monsters. 

In the midst of it all, Jeanne had evolved from Swamp Snake to Aqua Snake. She now has the ability to swim in deeper waters, has venomous fangs, and can camouflage as long as she touches water.