Chapter 19

Three Weeks later
Za'ir

My water broke last night, it looks like my baby girl is finally coming!

"Here you want some ice chips?" Monie asked me.

"No not right now I'm just hot as fuck." I complained.

"Well the air is on 50 za..." she laughed.

"Ugh . I'm ready for her to come out." I began to fuss.

"Uhn uh make this yo last time being pregnant za you have whined this entire pregnancy." Ashton teased.

"Fuck you im carrying a whole human." I spat.

"Ew attitude." Kelly chimed in.

"Now you know you were worse." Ray argued.

"Was I?" She asked.

"Yes!" everyone said in unison.

"Damn my bad." She said holding her hands up in defense.

"Alright mommy it will be a while before you start pushing, do you want to walk around, bounce on the ball, or try to work with the pill ball?" My OB asked coming into the room.

"I'll try walking and if that doesn't work I'll try everything else." I smiled.

"Okay ! Let me get your IV's and things together so you can move freely." She smiled back at me.

...

"Friend you're doing really well with this labor." Ray complimented me.

"Thank you, my bag is starting to hurt though... I think she's about to start cutting up." I sighed.

"Do you wanna go back to your room?" He asked immediately rubbing my back.

"Yea I think so I don't want to get too far and she comes out. It'll be just my luck." I chuckled a bit.

"So... Isaiah?" He tip toed around the situation.

"I told him it would be best if he didn't come. I didn't want him to be in the middle of all of this. He's already hurt behind me getting pregnant in the first place." I explained still slowly walking towards my room.

"And Zavier?..." he pushed further.

"He said he'll be here soon he just had to tie up a few loose ends." I shrugged.

"Friend you seemed confused." He sighed.

"I am confused. Isaiah acts like nothing ever happened and he forgives me while Zavier really is pushing for his family. I'm tired of being in the middle of those two. Isaiah and I aren't even together officially we're just making what's best for Iceland and Noel. I'm scared because I'm not sure how long Zavier will act right... so I just stick to who and what I know." I explained.

"You know Zavier... you can't keep holding his past against him Za'ir. Y'all were young and dumb. And who knows what Isaiah was up to while he was gone. He just came back with no problems. You have your own family now and you've been playing step momma for too long... start putting you first." He smiled.

"I will. Thank you Ray." I smiled back at him.

...

I've been in labor for the past 8 hours. It was finally time to push! Although it was Ect really painful after three good big pushes Za'ria Nashae Ballard was born. 7lb 8oz!

"She is literally beautiful. Thank you Za'ir." Zavier smiled.

"Thank you... for everything this pregnancy." I smiled back at him.

"She has your pretty eyes..." he complimented.

"She really does and she has ya fat ass forehead." I laughed.

"So where are y'all going after this?" He asked readjusting her on his chest. They were currently skin to skin surprisingly he's really good with kids.

"I believe my house... she's new and plus everyone deep cleaned it for us so..." I explained.

"Za'ir I amma be honest ... seeing you with him again is fucking me up. We have a family now why do you have to go back to him? We were doing just fine working on us until he came back. You know you and our child isn't going to want for anything. Yea it might've been a one night stand but we got something good out of it. Let me be the man I know I can be. I fucked up when we were younger... but I'm straight now and you know it." He plead his case.

"Okay we can fix it... that means you have 24hrs to get everything situated with any of your new flames." I sighed.

"I gotchu baby don't trip." He smiled.

...
Two weeks have passed since we left the hospital. Being a new mom is a lot easier than I thought. Za'ria hardly cries and when she does it's for food, being wet, or cuddles.

Zavier has been over everyday and here recently began staying the night to help out.

My mom is over the moon and so is everyone else. Well almost everyone... my little sister isn't super thrilled about a new baby. She thinks I'll forget about her which is never the case. But I understand where she is coming from.

Isaiah and I finally had a talk about everything. Come to find out when he left he went to Mississippi to do undercover work for their mayor. He caught feelings for someone down there and she had a baby. I guess once he came back home he figured he was going to keep it under wraps but everything that's done in the dark will always see light. I haven't said a word to him since then...

Monie moved back to Chicago as well as Ashton. Ashton has a big federal case on his hands and since it's his first he explained that he'd rather be home for support. If he wins it'll be his first big case in his career.

"Baby girl are you okay?" My mom asked as she sat at the foot of my bed.

"Yea I'm ok ma. I'm still in shock. I have my own little girl." I smiled.

"I know... listen... I know I haven't been the best mom towards you, but I'm thankful you're giving me a chance to be the best Grandmother and Mother I can be..." she began to cry.

"No problem ma. I cannot dwell on the past. We can only focus on the future. We have to grow and do better not only for us but for her as well." I explained pointing to Za'ria.

"You're right baby... you're right."