Prolog: Hi, I'm Misaki!

You won't think of it on the first sight but I am a real strategist.

My name is Misaki Sakamaki. I am 17 years old and grew up in the ,,Wammy's House". Yes, THE Wammy's House. The same orphanage as L's as I found out later. So of course I have to be some kind of special person to live there. And I am. But most people don't recognise it because I act... a little clumsy sometimes.

My birthday was only recently when a close person of mine, Watari, sat down with me to talk about something. I was curious at that time since he seemed to be very serious about it. And it indeed was serious. More than I could have ever imagined.

As Watari knew, I like people who are honest and straightforward and don't bother with their nice euphemism. So he immediatly came to the point. »Your dream is to become a detective. How about you learn from the master-mind itself?« I think we all know who he was talking about.

On that day, the day of my 17th birthday, I found out that Watari wasn't just the kind, old man who teached me how to use a computer and how to fight for my protection. No, he was way more than that. But more importantly: I got to know L. L, the best detective worldwide that ever existed. And he took me under his wing and showed me the real sides of the most horrbile crime series.

That was two months ago.