Prologue

•|Happy Reading|•

The morning looks bright, a weak gust of wind makes some flowers sway, dripping dew that sleeps on them.

The sound of tree trunks being trampled and identified someone's presence.

A middle-aged woman with several wrinkles on her face and sad eyes was seen behind a wooden fence.

A creaking sound was heard when the woman entered while muttering a greeting sentence.

The fragrance of flowers can be smelled when the contents of the basket are opened which reveals a lot of orchid flowers in it.

The woman approached a mound of earth stuck by a sword instead of a stone for the dead.

The woman then took the black cloak that was draped over the sword and folded it before replacing it with a new one.

Shee prayed and pulled out the weeds growing on the mound before sprinkling the orchids and dousing the soil with water.

"It's been a while," her voice seemed calm.

She stroked the front of the sword which carved an engraving of the owner's name.

"Sorry for only visiting after a year, you know a lot happened." The woman paused

"The kids are fine and so are the others."

"No serious conflict occurred after that year."

The woman then hummed slightly.

"You always sing this, it helps you to sleep too, but it's rude of me to keep humming here."

Unknowingly the woman played with the orchid in her hand.

"I don't understand why you always carry this flower with you when you worship Magnolia flower appearance."

A faint smile appeared on her lips, "Is it because of your country?"

"Whatever it will be a story."

The woman pondered for a moment, before completing her final goal of mourning someone's grave.

She caressed the sword again, "I will always pray for you, maybe I can also visit for the next three months."

She picked up another type of flower hidden in the basket cloth.

A flower crown wreath, with orchids dominating the sides and Magnolia flowers neatly lined up on the front of the crown.

She put the crown on the hilt of the sword, she stroked it again then said goodbye to retreat.

The sound of the wind was definitely a little louder than usual, it didn't hurt but made the surrounding cornelian cherry blossoms dance and wave before one of the blossoms fell on the top of her head.

Her eyes narrowed into crescents as she smiled shedding a few tears while muttering, "thank you"

...

"Dad, dad... Where did grandma go?"

A boy looks very sweet when he questions his grandmother's whereabouts as if he had been banished.

"Soon your grandma will be home Mun Hee."

A sigh could be heard from the man as whimpering would not stop escaping from his son's mouth.

"Father... Grandma promised to continue her story to me, would she lie?"

The man called father massaged his temples.

A chuckle was heard from a beautiful woman who was weaving a scarf.