Sixteen.

"Nothing Mr. Styles, My name is Detective Maxwell Harris, I'm just here to talk about your son, Harry."

He straightened his shoulders, "What about him?"

"I just have a few questions... Can I come inside?"

He moved away from the door and allowed me to enter. He closed the door behind me and led me to a dark living room. The only light that was within this room had peered in from the blinds.

"You can take a seat on the couch." He said while pointing to a beat-up, burgundy couch.

As I sat down, Desmond took a seat on an armchair across from me.

"So what do you want to know about Harry?" he asked while lighting a cigarette.

"Well, is Harry here right now? Or is he coming home soon?" I asked.

Desmond roared with laughter, "Harry hasn't lived here in almost five years."

"Oh... Do you know where he may be residing?"

Desmond coughed, "Nope, he ran away at sixteen. Haven't spoken to him since... Is he in any trouble?

"I'm not sure," I started, "But just to be sure, this is your son right?"

I showed him a picture from our security cameras at the precinct when I had brought in "Larry" for questioning. He took hold of the picture and brought it close to his eyes.

"Yep that's Harry... His hair has definitely grown quite a bit since I've last seen him. You tell him when you see him again to cut it off, I've always hated his curls..."

I ignored his request and asked a different question, "Mr. Styles are aware that your son may be living by a different name?"

He raised an eyebrow, "No?"

"Does Larry Stylinson ring a bell?"

"Heavens no! What kind of name is that?"

I changed the topic, "Why did your son run away?"

"I-I don't know..." he stuttered.

Desmond coughed a little, he looked as if he didn't want to talk about his son any further.

"He simply no longer wanted to be with me and just picked up and left... I thought he'd come back, but he never did. I took that as a sign that he probably was prepared to live in this world on his own."

He put out the cigarette he had in an ashtray and stared up at the ceiling.

"I see... One final question Mr. Styles."

He sighed, "What is it?"

"Are you familiar with The Holmes Chapel Killer?"

He stopped looking up at the ceiling and met my eyes.

"What does that have to do with my son...?"

"I'm not accusing him of anything, but your son was the last person to have seen my niece before she was abducted. Not only did he see her last, he also lied about his actual name and probably his true identity... I'm just trying to separate the truth from reality, as well as find him because he hasn't been around lately..."

"Mr. Harris, Harry is a good boy, that's all I have to say."

"Do you know something Mr. Styles?"

I narrowed my eyes at Desmond and tried to get something out of him.

"Mr. Harris I think it would be best if you saw yourself out..." He said while standing from his chair.

"You do understand you could be charged with withholding evidence from the police, correct?"