Chapter 1

"Hey, Jennifer come downstairs! I have a surprise for you!" My best friend and roommate, Melissa called from the kitchen where she'd been on her laptop. I strutted down the stairs, lazily rubbing my eyes.

"Yeah?" I asked sitting next to her at the table. She looked up and smiled.

"Ok, so your eighteenth birthday is coming up, right?" She asked. I nodded. She grew a smile, and turned her computer towards me. My face instantly lit up with excitement. Melissa plugged her ears, and I screamed.

"YOU DIDN'T! You bought tickets to the new kids on the block?!" I exclaimed happily. Melissa nodded and stood up to hug me.

"That's not everything," She said. My face suddenly began to burn up. I could tell I was blushing from pure excitement. "They're meet and greet tickets," She shrieked. I started fangirling like crazy. "The concert is tomorrow downtown at the civic center, I bought tickets for Lindy, Tanya and Kayla, too!" Melissa exclaimed. I smiled wide and shrieked again. "Ok, ok calm down, lets go grab some dinner, I'll call Tanya, Lindy and Kayla to meet us there." I nodded as she dialed up their numbers.

***

"Wait, so let me get this straight... you bought tickets for Jenny's birthday?" Tanya asked.

"Yeah, girl, I thought I explained this already. Were you listening?" Melissa joked.

"Yes, but I was just confirming." Tanya replied.

"Confirming for the fifth time?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yeah, I gotta make sure I heard correctly!" She admit. I shrugged my shoulders, shoving a piece of bread into my mouth.

"So, what's the first thing you plan to do when you meet the new kids on the block?" Lindy asked using a breadstick as a "microphone."

"Hug Joey and never let go..." I replied spacing off dreamily.

"Jenny? Hello? Jennifer?" Lindy snapped me out of my thoughts.

"What? Oh, sorry." I chuckled.

"It's cool." Tanya laughed. Then our sudden silence was cut off.

"Your food." The waitress said as she set our plates in front of each of us.

"Thank you." I replied. The waitress smiled and walked away. The next few minutes were quiet again as we scarfed down our meals. I paid the bill, and I went home to be greeted back at home again by Tanya, Kayla and Lindy who ended up sleeping over.

***

I got up the next morning, beyond groggily, but as the day progressed, I grew more excited every hour. When 6:30 came around... that's when I completely starting freaking out in excitement. The whole way to the civic center I freaked out.

"Oh come on Jennifer, calm down! This is gonna be awesome, trust me on this!" Melissa assured as we stood in the meet and greet line. We were close to the front now, as we began to approach the five hottest boys on Earth. The closer we got, the more amount of times I caught Joey looking at me. We had locked eyes a couple of times, and we just looked at each other until the next fan came up... then the next, and the next until it finally came down to Tanya, Kayla, Melissa, Lindy and I...

"Hey, what's your name?" Joey suddenly asked, breaking a shy silence. I smiled.

"Jennifer or Jenna or Jenny or... whatever you think is cool." I babbled. Joey chuckled.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE! SMILE ON THREE!" The man behind the camera shouted, interrupting Joey from saying anything else. The camera flashed, and we were forced away quickly from the band who said goodbye in perfect unison. Before I was pushed out, Joey grabbed my hand, stopping me. He smiled as he slipped something into my pocket.

"Don't take it out of there 'till the end of the concert, ok?" He smiled, gently letting go of my hand. I smiled and nodded in response, then was immediately forced out of the meet and greet hall.