Chapter 4

I woke up early the next morning in excitement. It was 7:00 'o clock in the morning. Way too early to be up, and yet, I picked up the telephone and dialed Joey's number. He answered groggily.

"Morning, Joe, you up?" I asked, wide awake.

"Yeah! I'm just getting up and ready to go to the diner. What about you?" He replied.

"Yeah, I just got up." I smiled, starting to get an outfit together.

"So, see ya there?" He asked.

"yup." I replied.

"All right, bye." And he hung up. I smiled wide, proceeding to get ready for what I believed was a date with Joey McIntyre. Suddenly, there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Door's open!" I shouted. The door swung open and Tanya, Melissa, Kayla and Lindy were standing in the threshold, ready to go.

"You ready yet?" Kayla asked.

"Almost, I need to get dressed." I replied. I decided on a pair of acid washed jeans, a white t shirt a red jacket and a pair of white tennis shoes. I was always one of those people who dressed casually, and didn't go overboard with outfits. I finished brushing and crimping my long blonde hair, leaving my room.

"Alright, I'm ready!" I exclaimed. The girls smiled and piled into the car while I drove. The diner was only ten minutes from where we lived, so it was a short drive. We got out of the car one at a time, walking into the restaurant. Joe smiled when we made eye contact.

"Hey, you made it, I'm so glad to see you!" Joey greeted as I approached him at the booth. He stood up and embraced me into another warm, tight hug. He let go of me, and I sat down beside him. Tanya, Kayla, Lindy and Melissa sat at separate booths with the other new kids.

"So, uh... I know this seems a little weird, since we just met yesterday, but... the guys and I want you and your friends to come with us on tour..." A short silence followed once he said that. I was at a loss for words in the best way.