0 | one night fling? | 6

"What will it be?" The bartender asks us as we sit at the bar; he cleans a warm glass of dripping water. I look above me and think about what drink I should order. 

"I'll take a dry martini," I reply. He nods at me and then looks at Jungkook to wait for his drink. 

"I'll take scotch on the rocks," Jungkook says as he slaps the counter. The bartender nods once more before turning around to make our drinks. I also do so; I sit and stare at the ambiance, taking everything in. 

Tonight it seemed to be packed because not a single table was vacant. There were people playing darts in one corner, arm wrestling in another, and people drinking, talking, and drinking some more. The bar was also packed, and we were lucky to grab two seats. 

Once we have our drinks, we stare at all the variety of tequila on the shelf behind the bartender, staring blankly into space as we both down our drinks in one go. We sigh as the burning sensation in our throats makes us shake our heads. Jungkook looks at me again, but he rests his hand on my shoulder this time. 

"I'm sorry about before," Jungkook apologetically says to me. He lifts one corner of his lips and stares at me with awe—I can't help but want to mount him and kiss him—as he rubs his thumb against my white button-up. 

"Sorry isn't going to cut it this time, Jungkook," I tell him as I smack his hand away and grab the other drink the bartender left for me. I down it in one go, staring at the wooden counter beneath my arms. 

"This time? What's that supposed to mean?" Jungkook fires back, his voice higher than before because of fury and the noise consuming us. I sigh before pushing back my hair to talk to him. 

"Figure it out, genius. It isn't rocket science," I bark back, pissed off. I fiddle with my wedding ring as I stare endlessly at the floor full of spit, sweat, and gum. 

"Don't give me that attitude. All I did was apologize for my behavior, and this is how you thank me?" Jungkook says, pissed off. I scoff at his statement about my attitude when he is worse. 

"You don't have the right to talk to me like that. I'm not your child; I'm your fucking husband who deserves some respect!" I yell at him before getting up from my seat. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to cheat on your sorry ass," I say before storming off. 

I walk into the restroom and place both hands on the sink, angry at how clueless Jungkook is. I get that he is straight and doesn't like people like me...but to tell me straight to my face? That's the worst thing anyone can ever do. I let some tears leave my eyes as they fall onto the curved sink; they slowly go into the drain. 

"Hey, are you alright?" I hear an unfamiliar voice from behind me. I sniffed and wiped my eyes before turning to see a man in his early thirties with a worried facial expression. 

"Yeah, it's my allergies," I lie to a stranger. And why shouldn't I? Stranger danger. But I have to admit it; he's pretty cute. He has golden hair, brown eyes, a muscular body, and a smile that makes me want to squish his cheeks. 

"You sure about that?" He says, getting closer to me. He leans in and looks at my features—I assume my cheeks turned red—before using his finger to wipe the tear under my eyelash. "I'm Namjoon," he introduces himself after backing away. 

"I'm Taehyung," I reply with a small smile. He reciprocates before walking aside to let me out, and I thank him by bowing before leaving the restroom. 

My eyes land on my taken seat at the bar by a girl talking to Jungkook. My insides started to boil at the thought of Jungkook trying to get back at me from our little fight. I give him a taste of his medicine by turning over and seeing Namjoon exit the restroom; I approach him with a smile.