1 | confession time | 3

I explained my situation to Seokjin, and he was upset about it. I can't leave Jungkook for my reasons—I'm in love with him, and he's also on the contract of the dynasty—and Jin can't understand. I told him I couldn't be with Jungkook because he's straight, but that didn't stop him from blowing me off. He told me we shouldn't see each other anymore unless I left my husband, which was out of the question. I can't simply leave him. 

After Jin left in a hurry, I was left alone again in my massive house; I cried and fell to my knees before my door. I cried a river, yelled in pain, and suffered alone. Why can't I be happy? Why can't I meet someone who I can love? Who can love me back? Why can't Jungkook love me? This contract is the worst challenge I've encountered in my life...I'll be thirty years old when we get divorced. Will I be able to last that long?

I pulled myself up and wiped my tears away. I wasn't going to let a man destroy me. If Jin can't date or even hang out with me because I have a husband, it's his loss, not mine. I'm a great catch; many men would love to have me as their partner.  

I pushed my hair back and walked toward the stairs to enter my room to get ready to visit Jungkook and his brother. I grab my phone before taking off my clothes to shower. I order some take-out and tell them I'll pick it up. Afterward, I pulled on the comfiest clothes I could find—a hoodie, sweatpants, and sneakers—and left the house. 

I arrived at the fast food and walked in to ask for my order. I paid the man up front and wished him a fantastic day, while mine wasn't; my feelings were taking over my body. I exited the premises and slid into the driver's seat before driving away and heading toward the building, where the valet met me. I toss him my keys after getting out of the vehicle and meeting the doorman at the entrance; his warm smile makes me smile. 

Once inside the building and in the elevator, I met the receptionist and shared a smile that instantly lit up the room. I bow before moving forward to walk into the office of Sung-Yoon, where I meet Jungkook sipping on some whiskey, ignoring me. I put the food in front of him and smile, waiting for him to look up at me, but he doesn't—sung-Yoon approaches. 

"Taehyung, thank you. We were just about to go get something to eat," Sung-Yoon tells me as he opens the bag before me and pulls out the styrofoam boxers and cups. 

"I thought about swinging by since I had nothing to do. I assumed you'd be hungry," I smile as I shift my gaze from Jungkook to his brother. 

"You can leave now," Jungkook announces. "We have work to do," he continues. Sung-Yoon and I looked at Jungkook with confusion, but before I could reply, Sung-Yoon beat me. 

"That's rude of you," Sung-Yoon states. "Show some respect, asshole," he continues, scoffing and rolling his eyes at his little brother. Jungkook raises his vision from the paperwork in his hands and glares at him; he continues to ignore me. 

"I'll be on my way after I tell you this, Jungkook," I walk in front of Jungkook and slam both hands on his desk, causing him to look up at me. "I'm going to spend a few weeks at my best friend's apartment, so don't expect to see me tomorrow when you go home," I state before pushing myself off the desk and approaching the door. 

"What?" Jungkook asked aloud as he looked over his shoulder and saw my hand reach for the door handle. "What do you mean you'll be gone for a few weeks?"

"I have to clear my head and be away from you; you're too much for me," I lied to his face when I looked at him. My face expressed hurt and fear, fear because I knew that once I stopped seeing him every morning, the more I'll fall in love with him and miss him and hurt because my heart would break. 

Jungkook stared at me, speechless, unable to move or reach me as I walked out of the room. I noticed Sung-hoon looking at us confusedly, and I wouldn't blame him. Why would Jungkook's significant other want to leave their home to spend it with someone else? He must be wondering why I made this decision, and when the right moment arrives, I know he'll call me. 

As for Jungkook, I don't know what will happen to us. All I know is that I need some time with my thoughts; I need to be in an environment where I don't have to tend to my drunken boyfriend every night. I'm doing the right thing, I tell myself as I walk toward the elevator to meet my driver. He opens the door for me, and I scoot into the seat. I wait for the driver to enter the vehicle while I look up at the building; looking out the window Sung-hoon and his brother are in. 

When the car moves from parallel parking, I take my phone out of my pocket and text Jimin that I'd be at his apartment in less than three hours. He sent me a message asking if everything was alright with me, to which I responded that I would tell him later tonight once we were ready to call it a day. 

I gave my luggage to the servants so they could place them in the car while I grabbed my secret and utterly embarrassing notebook in the living room and dining room. I look around the first floor before going to my room to do a last scan of something I might forget. When doing so, I approach the window to see m lucky pen resting on the edge. 

As I reached to grab it, I heard the sound of wheels skating across the concrete, which made me look out the window to see Jungkook's car parked behind the family car. I saw Jungkook rush out of the car to run into the house, letting the door slam behind him as he yelled for me. 

"Taehyung!" He yelled for the third time. I let out an exasperating sigh before shoving my pen into my back pocket and reaching the door to my room to let Jungkook know I was there. 

"What is it, Jungkook?" I replied. 

I walked out of my room to see Jungkook sprint up the stairs and push me into my room. I stumbled onto my bed, losing balance, and used my hands to catch myself. I'm sitting on the edge of my bed, staring at Jungkook as he walks toward me with confusion. 

"Why are you leaving?" He asked me, confusion written all over his face. He leaned closer, and I back into my bed until my back was against my headrest. I sighed again and let the notebook sit beside me as I answered his question. 

"I don't have to explain my motives to you. And aren't you supposed to be at work?" I told Jungkook as I crossed my arms and legs before him. He sits on the edge of the bed, his hand clenching the sheets. 

"Don't get smart with me, Taehyung. I want an answer," Jungkook states while his voice becomes fuller and darker, almost as if he doesn't want me to leave. 

"Because I want to," I said before getting up. "There's your answer," I continue as I approach the door. 

"Ugh, why are you so difficult?!" Jungkook lashes out at me as he runs toward the door, pushing his hand against it so I can't leave. I grunt in frustration before looking him in the eyes. 

"Let. Me. Go," I tell him, irritated; Jungkook expresses the exact look I'm giving him. 

"Not until you give me a better reason because you just want to," Jungkook said.

I didn't want to tell him I was in love with him. The moment I tell him, the moment our relationship crumbles. The small moments we had together will be nonexistent because of the resentment he'll give me. But on the other hand, I have to tell him. I have to let this heavy burden off my shoulders and give him my reasons; he deserves to know. He is my partner, after all. 

"Jungkook, I'm in love with you," I confessed. He widened his eyes, and his facial muscles relaxed after hearing my confession. 

"You're...what?"

━━━━━━ 🐻🐰 ━━━━━━