[ 8 ]

The door swung open, light from outside blinding Chan as it burned through his eyelids. He squinted, waking up from the nap he'd had since Jeongin stopped interrogating him an hour or so ago.

"Who is he? Boss wants to know," an unfamiliar voice from outside the door asked.

Chan blinked the sleep from his eyes to focus on the conversation being had.

"Jisung, I reckon it's better if he sees who it is for himself."

Chan recognized the voice as Jeongin's.

The latter sighed. "Fine, I'll go get him."

A few seconds later, two unfamiliar men strode into the room. One attended to ropes at Chan's wrists and the other, his ankles.

"Woah, what's going on?" Chan gasped after being thrown over ones shoulder. He was moved to another room, the two men leaning against a wall, gossiping over a cigarette as they kept an eye on the boy on the ground.

"Fuck, that hurts," Chan gently rubbed the rope burns on his limbs.

He looked up and took in the new scene. This room is slightly bigger, brighter, but there was still no window and the same concrete walls and floors. Chan drew his vision towards the men deep in conversation.

"Yo, I bet ya Jeongin ran off and locked himself in his room, he's fuckin' screwed!" One man said, taking a drag of smoke, the other laughed and shook his head.

They kept chatting, eyes far from the captive who was making yet another break for freedom. Chan reached for the door handle, pulling it aggressively open and sprinting down the hall.

"Oh shit!"

Chan smiled, hearing the men shouting in despair.

"Come back here, you bastard!"

The guards had begun chasing him, still yelling threats and insults. Chan ran past multiple doors, eyes sweeping the area, searching for an exit. He kept running until he went smack damn into another person. He collapsed backwards onto the carpeted floor, his breathing hitching while he tried to catch it. The guards stomped up behind him and grabbed his shoulders, shoving him to the ground before he could start running again.

Chan lifted his head slowly as the figure he bumped into loomed over him. He appeared tall, dressed in sleek black slacks and a tailored waistcoat. Chan figured he was the boss spoke of earlier. The man crouched down to eye-view. His face left Chan speechless.

He had the same gorgeous complexion dotted with star-like freckles.

The same plump pink lips, but his eyes, they were different. No longer soft and warm, rather ice cold—void of any emotion. Loose strands of wispy orange hair framed his round face.

All too familiar to Chan.

"Felix..." He spoke in a fleeting tone, as if waiting for his eyes to be lying.

Chan's mouth hung open, before something flipped a switch—something rendered—and a frown of resentment appeared. A strange anger began to build up in his chest, edging closer and closer to boiling point.

"Felix," he glared, his voice hardened as he tried to stand up.

He was quickly restricted by the guards, their clasp on him ever tightening. Felix grinned in a mocking way at the struggling male in front of him.

"Chan," he taunted. Though laced with malice and spite, his voice quivered. "Fancy seeing you here."

The smirk was quickly wiped off his lips when Chan broke free from the guards and slapped Felix right across his face.

"Fuck you, Felix!" he snapped.

Silence followed Chan's sudden outburst of rage. Felix stunned, opened this mouth to break it, but the latter cut in.

"Fuck you! You left me, and got fucking involved in organized crime?! What the hell is wrong with you? I honestly thought you died. I thought you killed yourself. You know how bloody guilty I felt, huh? I almost killed myself. If it wasn't for the hospice, I would've jumped off a damn bridge.

You didn't think at one point that maybe you should've texted me?

Just let me know? No, you left me, your boyfriend, in the dark, you dickhead."

Chan had no rage left in him when he finished yelling, his throat hurt and heart ached. The heated feelings dissipating into overwhelming sadness and disappointment.

He stared. A cold, hard and hurt stare into Felix's taken-aback expression. Tension laid on thick. Chan wanted him to feel regret, guilt and pain. The feelings he'd suffered so long with. Nonetheless, Felix still appeared practically emotionless.

Tears threatened both parties, but neither wanted them to fall, eventually Chan stopped struggling and just sobbed. Felix watched him, his shaking body and watery eyes. He was feeling regret. He was feeling guilt. He was feeling pain, and it took everything in him to stop it from showing.

Because to him, there was no way Chan could forgive him for what he did, so it would be better if he just moved on.

"Take him away and do what you will, we'll talk later." Felix instructed, he stood, turned around and continued down the corridor.

Tears cascaded down his cheeks, wiping them away as he listened to Chan's small cries slowly fade.