Chapter 1 // Prologue

"It's happening! It really is happening!" A voice shouted from inside a house. Jumping with joy, the body the voice was attached to rushed down the stairs as fast as it could, waving an envelope that it had received.

"Oddie, sweetie?" Said a female Leafeon. Her name was Juniper Midori, and wore a black tank top with blue yoga pants. She had been involved with helping her son, Oddie, into a guild that was stationed across the sea in the Coria Region, giving him her full approval to do so. It just so happened that today would be the day that Oddie would be accepted.

"I can't wait!" Oddie said, with a fluttery feeling in his stomach. "They say that in a day from now, I'm gonna travel the sea to end up in Coria!"

Juniper smiled, looking down at the boy, then over to the calendar. It was June 2016, school had finally ended for Oddie, and he was about to spend his summer vacation across the sea.

"I just hope you'll be careful, baby." Juniper said, sweetly. "I don't want you to get hurt or anything..." Oddie nodded, running upstairs to organize his things, until he heard a knock on the door. His mother would open the door, and standing there were his two friends, Beck and Rukia, a Raboot and Dewott, respectively.

"Oddie! Beck and Rukia are here!" Juniper called, making Oddie stop right in his tracks. He turned to face them, then darted up the stairs.

"Sorry, can't talk much! I'm preparing for something!" Curious, Beck and Rukia would walk up to his room, where the two saw Oddie gathering some items and putting them in a bag.

"Yo, what's the rush for?" Asked Beck.

"Yeah, what gives..?" Rukia added.

"Oh, haven't you heard?" said Oddie. "I'm gonna be spending my summer in Coria!"

"Woah, really?" Beck said with a gasp.

"Isn't that where Nova lives now?" Asked Rukia. Oddie turned around with a smile on his face.

"I think so! Anyway, I'm going there for a reason. I was just accepted into a guild, and I'm ready!" Beck was amazed at the info.

"...what's a guild?" Asked Rukia, trying to fool around with Oddie.

"A guild is a bunch of explorers who like to discover things and go on adventures." Oddie explained, with a very confident tone.

"...so, like, rich people on WhatTube." Rukia responded, in a joking way.

"T- this is different! We- uh..."

"Well, that's cool!!" Rukia said. " ...you'll be back before school starts again- right?!"

"...I- I think so!"

"Well, you better be..." Beck stated. "You know how Mrs. Carter's class is without you!"

"Haha... I'll be fine. I'll be heading off tomorrow!" Oddie stated, putting the last of his things in his bag and zipping it up."

"Well, best of luck, man!!"

"Thanks a bunch! Though, we should do something before I eventually have to go." Oddie suggested. The three stood in a circle for a while before Beck spoke up.

"...one last game of Smashing Fighters 4?"

"You KNOW I'm gonna beat both of you." Rukia said confidently. With a smirk, Oddie nodded.

"I accept your challenge."

As the clock began to tick to nightfall, the three would spend the rest of their day talking, playing games, (and losing to Rukia) before everyone said their goodbyes.

"It was really nice to talk with some friends before I go on this journey." Oddie said.

"Make sure to write letters to us!" Beck said. And with that, the sun had set, and Oddie was in his bed. He reflected on everything that had happened throughout the day. He felt sad that he had to leave his friends behind, but knew very well that they'd be with him in spirit. It was about 10 at night, and soon, Oddie had drifted off to sleep.