Chapter 1:

Becky's POV

The café is full of people right now and I just wanted to find a seat in order for me to study and eat.

Why did I end up going here anyway? Yeah. Impulsive decisions like wanting to drink boba because it's a shitty day today.

I was roaming my eyes around and finally I saw a seat. Yes! I went there and slammed my books and laptop but I didn't mean to startle the girl sat across mine. She looked at me and her eyes are fucking deadly.

But beautiful.

What the fuck was that?

"I-I'm sorry. Is this seat taken?" I asked. She rolled her eyes and said, "You already slammed your books and sat, so the seat was already taken, obviously."

I was shocked at how cold her answer was. Like what is her problem? Aish. But I was the wrong one here so might as well say sorry.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to be rude and startle you. I was just having a shitty day and—"

"I didn't asked." She cut me off with her sassy voice. Alright Becky calm down.

I sighed. "But still, I'm sorry."
She just shrugged her shoulders and continue what she's doing on her phone. I saw a glimpse that she's searching for a part time job. Hmm

I got up and ordered some boba and pastries for me and for the girl. Well, just an apology.

I went back to our table and silently placed the food on her side. She looked at me silently questioning.

"Just take it okay? I'm so sorry again." I said.

She just nod. So, I think we're okay?

I started my studies. Minding my own business. Ugh why did math gets so hard when you're in college? Tch. I groaned. And looked at the girl and she's looking at me.

"Am I too loud?" I asked.
"No."
"Then why are you looking at me like that?"
"The formula that you're using is wrong that's why you didn't get the correct answer." She said.
I pouted.

After a minute of silence. I asked, "Can you teach me how?" I smiled at her. I saw her ears went red. Is it hot in here? But the AC is working fine.

She grab a paper and my pen and then wrote down the right formula and then gave it to me.

"We're even." She suddenly said.
"Huh?" I furrowed my eyebrows.
"You gave me food and I taught you the correct answer so we're even." She said.
"But—"

She got up and started walking towards the exit.

"Hey! Wait!"

She stopped but didn't looked back at me.

"What's your name?" I asked loudly not minding few people who looked at me.

"Freen." She said. I smiled. "Thank you Freen, my name's Becky." I said.

"I know." She said and walked away.

How did she—
Oh. My notebook.

What a strange girl.

Freen's POV

Looking at my phone while riding the bus home is so exhausting.

Bills to pay:
House
Hospital Bills
School
Electricity
Food

Fuck. I really needed some part time jobs.

Nam's calling:

I answered the phone.

"What?"

"Really? That's your first word after you bailed on me?"

I sighed. "I told you. I'm busy."

"And I told you that I'll offer you a part time job but you declined."

"I said I'll handle it, Nam."

"You're such a hard headed person you know? I just wanted to help you. We all are."

"I can handle myself."

"Freen—"

"Save it, Nam. I'm tired. I just arrived home." And then I hang up.

I went down the bus and opened our front door.

"Ma—"

Oh right. She's not here. I sighed.

Fuck this life.

I went to my room and packed some clothes. I called the hospital and said that I'll be right there.

"Thank you, Nurse Mind."

"Always welcome, Freen."

I texted Tee and asked if she could lend me some notes from yesterday's subject. And she forwarded some photos. Gotta start to review because we have exams tomorrow.

I arrived at the hospital and saw my mom's sleeping figure. I saw Nurse Mind fixing the blanket.

"I'll take it from here." I said. She smiled.

"She's all yours, Freen." She said and then left.

I went near my mom and kissed her forehead.

"I'm here, Ma."

I sat down and started studying. This is gonna be another long night.

A/N:

Can you give me some feedback for the first chapter? :)

Btw, happy 100k reads to my other AU. You can also check that out if you're a Jenlisa and Chaesoo fan. 💗

Please read and vote. Thank you so much.