Do You Mean That?

Chapter Six
***Shawn's POV***
"Cory, I can't do this, okay?"
"No, Shawn. You have to and you will. Sky needs to hear this from you."
I took a deep breath before walking up to Topanga and Skylar at Chubbie's.
"Topanga, mind if I borrow Sky for a sec?"
Skylar didn't even look up at me as she followed me to the other side of Chubbie's.
"What do you want Shawn?"
"I just-I'm sorry."
"In all honesty. Shawn. If you were sorry, you wouldn't have done it,"she said, turning her back towards me, an action that hurt my very soul.
"I didn't mean to say anything like that to you and I'll never, ever, as long as I live treat you like that again,"I said, turning her to face me.
"Shawn, I-"
"No, let me finish. I knew if you saw the real me now...you wouldn't be hurt later on.."
"Great plan, obviously, you saved me from a lot of heartbreak! I just thought that you were genuinely interested and for a moment you had me fooled."
"I really like you,Sky! Look, I know it's going to take you a while to get used to me again and get to know me, but-"
Before I could finish, Sky planted a sweet, chaste kiss on my lips.
"What was that for?"
She laced her fingers in with mine and looked me directly in the eye.
"To shut you up. You were just digging a bigger hole for yourself. Why are you really acting like this, what are you not telling me?"
I sighed. This girl could see everything that I was trying to hide and wasn't buying anything that I was selling. She was really something special.
"Girls like you don't want guys like me. I can't keep anyone close to me, I push everyone away, and I screw everything up. Don't get me started on where I live..."
"Shawn, I don't care about any of that!"
Sky looked around before leading me to outside of the building.
"Do you really believe that I would ever think about you like that? I don't care where you live and if all of that stuff you say is true then I want all of it. It makes you the person you are and I wouldn't want anything different than that."
I gave her a look of disbelief. She couldn't be serious.
"Seriously?"
She blushed and nodded, causing me to smile at her. That was really the most vulnerable and timid that I had ever seen her. I found it surprisingly beautiful.
"I want you to meet my father,"I blurted out, before realizing what I had done.
Skylar gasped and looked at me as if I had two heads.
"Are you sure? I mean, we aren't even official yet and-'
I planted a kiss on her forehead.
"I know, but I just want to make sure that you're the right girl, the one that won't judge me for where I come from. Besides, if my father likes you then, you're definitely the right girl."
She smiled at me and motioned for me to come closer. We both leaned in for a kiss but when I least expected it, she grabbed me by the collar and pulled me close.
"If you ever talk to me like that again, I'll tear you apart limb by limb and have my father, the general, eat you for breakfast. Are we clear?"

I nodded in fear.
"Crystal,"I said kissing her and then holding her hand as we walked back into Chubbie's.