Exposed

Chapter Seven

***Skylar's POV***

"He wants me to meet his dad!" I said to Topanga in an almost panic.

I wasn't exactly sure of how to handle the situation. I had never met a boy's father before, let alone been this close to having a real boyfriend. I know that I was supposed to be a changed person, but the old Skylar was starting to shine through.

"Really? That's great!" Topanga shouted in a state of utter shock.

I smiled nervously.

"I can't seem to shake this nervous feeling though. What if he doesn't like me or what if I say something stupid?"

"Skylar! I've never seen you like this! And I haven't seen Shawn like this either."

This statement peaked my interest.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that Shawn is really serious about you. I've never seen him become so attached to a girl before. You're meeting his dad! Get excited and calm down!"

I nodded at Topanga's words and tried to return to my state of confidence. Suddenly, Topanga smiled at me.

"That's better. Now, come here. I've got a really good idea!" She said, motioning for me to lean in as she whispered in my ear.

"Topanga Lawrence, you're a genius!"

"So I've been told."

***Shawn's POV***

I walked through the trailer park with Skylar not far behind.

"Well here it is. It's not much, but it's home."

Expecting her to turn around and leave, I prepared for the worse. Skylar moved closer with her covered dish, that she insisted on bringing, in hand.

"It's lovely," she said with a big genuine smile.

"You don't have to lie like that."

She raised an eyebrow, obviously offended.

"I wasn't lying. This is your home, you live here. It's lovely by association."

I smiled and held her hand, leading her to the door.

"Dad?" I called when I opened it.

Hopefully, he had listened to what I said earlier about having a special guest coming over for dinner.

"Shawnie my boy! And who's this lovely lady?"

"Skylar Johnson, Mr. Hunter. It's very nice to meet you."

"Please, call me Chet!" My dad said as he showed Sky our small kitchen.

I smiled at her. That girl never ceased to amaze me. She was confident even when I wasn't and she always reassured me.

The smell of lasagna soon filled our small trailer. The smell of a homecooked meal was something I missed. When I lived with Mr. Turner, it was mostly take out and the occasional dinner at home, but being two guys that weren't at all domestic, we were lacking in certain things. The same went with my dad and I, especially since my mother left.

I helped Sky set our small dinner table with three plates as she began to place perfect slices on them. My stomach growled at the sight.

"Skylar, you didn't have to-" I started to say before she cut me off.