The Ghost of Friendships

(Graphic warning ⚠️ )

Nightmare

The scene was beautiful for a while. Watching such a powerful Steve dwindle at the power of a shadow. A shadow of the weakest thing in this world. We were so close! So close to seeing Steve disappear, for the shadows to overrun this town but no, I underestimated Steve in this town. It's been a very long time since I have seen them fight back, I would have joined if star face and his family didn't show up.

Dark suddenly moved and grabbed Shadow Sabre before he was killed. We could still use him even in such a weakened state. I followed Dark's energy to see where he teleported to. He teleported to a small clearing in the forest close to our base. I quickly grabbed my son and looked over at him.

"Are you alright?!" He had a few burns over his body from the lighting and fire he ran into, but nothing serious.

"I'm alright, him on the other hand." He looked at Shadow Sabre and I do the same. He was laying on the ground writhing and shaking with pain. Sabre was fighting back. We will have to wait it out to see if Shadow Sabre will still be around. Dark was watching him with anticipation.

"You were so close, I congratulate you two."  I turned my head and saw a tall familiar person standing behind us. A tall Steve that was mostly red with corrupted white and black spots all over there body. They had large horns that twisted back in a charcoal color. He looked down at us. I bowed to him.

"Thank you, Demon Steve." My son doesn't speak but bows to him as well.

"You have had the most successful attempts out of your group. I have a special task for you. Do not tell this to others. Do you understand?" He was the strongest, he brought us all back from the dead. He sees my value and strength. Finally. I can show those oh-so-powerful Steves I work at the strength of a real king.

"I understand my lord. What is your request?" I kept my head low, but couldn't help the smile that crept on my face.

"There are two people I need. Elemental Steve and Rainbow Steve. Take their abilities, take their light, and bring it to me." I won't question why those two, are out of everyone's abilities.

"Understood, I will make you proud." He then disappeared without a trace. Me and Dark both got up from our bow. We then looked back at Shadow Sabre to find he was laying on the ground completely still. Sabre lay right next to him a broken and burnt mess. Looks like we will get to keep Shadow Sabre, just not Sabre. Dark looked at me then back down at Shadow Sabre.

"Take him, I think it is time to end his life." I looked at Sabre. He still lay unmoving. Dark took Shadow Sabre away while I was left alone with Sabre. I grabbed him by his hair and lifted him up from the ground. A groan escaped him as he began to wake up. His shoulder seemed to be his worse injury with blood dripping down and deep burn marks around the broken flesh.

"Welcome back Sabre." I welcomed him.

"N-Nightmare- W- What did you do to Time!" His voice seemed to glitch as he spoke.

"We didn't do anything. It was you who hurt him." I lifted him up high enough to where his feet wouldn't touch the ground. He looked at me.

"I-"

"Quiet, you are under my wrath now, and no one can stop me. Either you listen or I will make your death insufferable." I snapped at the exhausted human. He didn't say a word.

"Good good, now then. Let me show you what happens when you mess with something stronger than you." I summoned some yellow flames in my hand and slowly put my hands on his chest, not only did his clothes start to go ablaze but I could hear the flesh burn around his chest. Sabre withered in pain and tried to kick me away, but his kicks felt like nothing to me.